auDA Management called the date and found the forum location not the CMWG.
There we have it. Don't trust any auDA statements at the moment.
CMWG issues highlighted of concern raised;
1. Short notice of meeting notice.
2. Lack of materials of the proposed new auDA membership models being ready for the CMWG and members.
3. CMWG want it live streamed at the forum so people who cannot make it can join in.
4. We want the information of the proposed models made available on the auDA website in advance of the meeting for members to be able to review.
5. CMWG wanted the ability for people to read the materials and send in question on notice so the answers also could be prepared to save time at the forum and not fob off anyone.
6. The issue of membership stacking has been raised ( auDA media release rejecting it as expected).
The answers back;
1. Have the forum at this date and gain feedback from members.
2. CMWG to try and gain more information on CIRA model. auDA had said they would assist directly with their contacts at CIRA but it has fallen back to the CMWG now.
It sounds like all the problems are coming from auDA management yet they blame it on the CMWG. Since auDA claim it is the CMWG organising the event they should have no issues with members getting proper notice (i.e. a month, not 6 days) and materials being given.
I have made it very clear to the CMWG and auDA I will not be rubber stamping things without proper process, accountability and transparency. It was said to me " will you agree with it be listed as unanimous etc". I said no if I I did not agree with something I want it on the record as an abstain or vote against.
It was/ my intention for this to really work but it is not being done right, poor communications., lack of materials etc etc. It is very time consuming every week to devote time to this and lock out other business.
They'll try and not publish any dissenting opinions, that is how things operate at auDA at the moment.