What's new

appliances com au

Scott.L

Top Contributor
I hope the winning group get value out of it...I would never believed it's worth more than $7k

findtim

Top Contributor
someone got sacked today....... the GM !!! , big mistake and I would LOVEEEEE to know the drop proxy but we never will :mad:

GREAT to see a premium money earning domain see their market value, I think it shows the value of a .com.au and I'd also like to see what bids on NF BIM were placed, that would be the best pub conversation EVER.

Originally Posted by Rhythm
In essence this was a $20,888 renewal.
yep, and how many phone calls were made in the last 24 hours ! dare I say 48 hours !

I hope the winning group get value out of it...I would never believed it's worth more than $7k

easy numbers, $21K divided by 30 x $700 fridges. its a no brainer.

the guy stuffed up, fixed it , sacked somebody to pay for the problem and won't do it again ! he's probably $30K in the GREEN.

tim

James

Top Contributor

How do you value it at only 7k? Today their were 2-3 people easily willing to pay 20k+

Would think it is worth more the right buyer, I sold a generic word [Appliances + keyword.com.au] to a end user at the end of 2013 for $2XXX Range. Market is moving online and businesses are always looking for a highly brand-able name.

You have the consumer market like Appliances Online, then you have a huge B2B market with commercial appliances, I know a few guys in digital in that space the market is really picking up.

findtim

Top Contributor
a GREAT day for developers that manager their clients accounts. charge more for your service !
a TYPICAL example of POOR systems in place with PREMIUM domains owned.
EVERYBODY should take notice of today, and i will bet i'll F'UP somewhere down the track as well !!!!!!!!!!!
See the light, see the opportunity, see the potential tragedy
today was JUST ANOTHER day that tells you to stock take your domains and get it correct.

thelostagency

Ah yeah they can afford it and the stupid thing is that they just acquired the domain 2 years ago so they have certainly paid more than enough for it.

But for Appliances Online there is no way at any price they could not afford to bid and buy it back since:
1) they don't want a new generic competitor
2) they don't want an affiliate getting it and monetising it
3) they don't actually do anything with it (oh that's not a good point)
4) they love to spend money on things like this
5) it's probably a tax write off anyway under marketing...

James

Top Contributor
Appliances Online Spend millions on TV, Radio ect. They are all under the sister company Winnings. So you are right David 20k is just another write off under marketing.

Ash

Top Contributor
Did anyone notice they have it listed for sale on sedo. That's what a whois search on domain tools is showing me.

On the face of it, this would conflict with TheLostAgency's first two points... i.e. keeping it out of the hands of a competitor or affiliate.

James

Top Contributor
Did anyone notice they have it listed for sale on sedo. That's what a whois search on domain tools is showing me.

On the face of it, this would conflict with TheLostAgency's first two points... i.e. keeping it out of the hands of a competitor or affiliate.

The owners prior to Appliances online probably listed it on SEDO and never took it down, now Domain Tools automatically picks up SEDO listings. It is not like the name servers are pointing to a SEDO page. I think David/Lost Agency is on the money here.

petermeadit

Top Contributor
The owners prior to Appliances online probably listed it on SEDO and never took it down, now Domain Tools automatically picks up SEDO listings. It is not like the name servers are pointing to a SEDO page. I think David/Lost Agency is on the money here.

Makes a lot of sense the SEDO listing is old.

How can we tell the date of a SEDO listing?

David's points also make a lot of sense.

Shane

Top Contributor
5) it's probably a tax write off anyway under marketing...

20k is just another write off under marketing.

I love when people say "oh it's just a tax write off".

It's still a cost which has to be met out of cash flow, and even if you did "write off" the full amount you're only getting a deduction of 30% (the corporate tax rate), which in this case is $6k. So the business is still out of pocket by at least $14k.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member