What's new

appliances com au

findtim

Top Contributor
So I've put my bid into netfleet for appliances.com.au , i'll tell you it is $15 seriously.

I see someone has bid on drop ( actually 5 bidders at the moment) and its at 2.5K

geez I hope NF win :) I'd love to pick it up for $15:rolleyes:
http://screencast.com/t/a4GiP7fDMW5
but it has a buy it now, does that mean nobody has " BIM'd" it yet? I do not know, if I BIM it now what will happen? will it disappear? or will it stay? did I BIM it first or did someone beat me to the BIM?

I'm guessing there are 5 people out there who have BIM'd it and nobody knows who is the winner.

does this system work for NF......... no........... it works for drop IMO

tim

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
So I've put my bid into netfleet for appliances.com.au , i'll tell you it is $15 seriously.

I see someone has bid on drop ( actually 5 bidders at the moment) and its at 2.5K

but it has a buy it now, does that mean nobody has " BIM'd" it yet? I do not know, if I BIM it now what will happen? will it disappear? or will it stay? did I BIM it first or did someone beat me to the BIM?

I'm guessing there are 5 people out there who have BIM'd it and nobody knows who is the winner.

does this system work for NF......... no........... it works for drop IMO

tim

The latest bids on Drop are my fault. Up to about $2.5k and I'm interested, but I thought it would blow past that (and has). I figured I would put in my bids and move on if (when) it went past my limit!

'Bidder 3' is leading the pack at the moment :p

Wouldn't we all! :D

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
IMHO you have gone to early, all you have done is push up the bids.

this propaganda that sniping is bad is BS, its how almost every other auction works, come the end of the day the person with the most money wins and that is fair, but you don't send your game plan to the other team !

let them sit on $111 till the end is my opinion.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
i think Ned had a good post about this not so long ago bidding early, its a really good read and also newbies should really take it on as all you do is cost yourself money down the track

as for Demonoid, it was always going to go past 2.5K, it just didn't have to go so quickly IMO. what happens now is you get a RUSH of blood in bidders and that helps nobody.

tim

PS: i am NOT bidding on this domain so my comments are just mine ( ooppps :) i do have $15 on NF LOL )

Last edited:

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
IMHO you have gone to early, all you have done is push up the bids.

this propaganda that sniping is bad is BS, its how almost every other auction works, come the end of the day the person with the most money wins and that is fair, but you don't send your game plan to the other team !

let them sit on $111 till the end is my opinion.

tim

i think Ned had a good post about this not so long ago bidding early, its a really good read and also newbies should really take it on as all you do is cost yourself money down the track

as for Demonoid, it was always going to go past 2.5K, it just didn't have to go so quickly IMO. what happens now is you get a RUSH of blood in bidders and that helps nobody.

tim

PS: i am NOT bidding on this domain so my comments are just mine ( ooppps :) i do have $15 on NF LOL )

All fair points Tim! We're in furious agreement.

In this case, I set a limit and I know I won't be available to bid on this tomorrow, so I figured I'd just put my bids in on both platforms. Given my limit on this one, I don't think I was ever in with a chance!

Great domain, I just don't love it enough to pay what it's worth :p

I don't have any issue with auction sniping, as you pointed out it's a good strategy.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Bidding early is putting you at a big disadvantage, you'll potentially pay more or miss it altogether because people have had time to react to your bid and rethink things based on your actions. You also at risk of shill bidding if using a proxy.

If you think you'll miss it anyway why bid in the first place? All that does is give the auction house information about you.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Bidding early is putting you at a big disadvantage, you'll potentially pay more or miss it altogether because people have had time to react to your bid and rethink things based on your actions. You also at risk of shill bidding if using a proxy.

If you think you'll miss it anyway why bid in the first place? All that does is give the auction house information about you.

Again, fair points.

I'd prefer to participate than sit out altogether.

Unless I place the bids, I won't really know until the hammer goes down whether I would've won at my price.

Yes, for this particular domain it's pretty obvious the price would go higher - but 'obvious' isn't always reflected in actual outcomes!

As to giving the auction house information about me, I'm not too worried about that. There are already public sales that can be linked to my name, details on whois records etc.

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor

THE BEST post I have EVER read on DNT, snoopy has nailed it

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Big call! :eek:

well i guess you all know how much of DNT i have read so i stand by it, snoopy's statement in just 2 sentences sums up MANYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY threads.

its a NEWBIE first commandment isn't it !

and one that oldbies forget

tim

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Up to $4,200 on Drop. I don't get why the NF "BIM" price is still showing, surely you'd take it at the asking price if you were a serious bidder.

Can anyone confirm if the domain still shows even if someone has taken the BIN?

asantha

Top Contributor
Can anyone confirm if the domain still shows even if someone has taken the BIN?

As i remember this was mentioned in their email - the one they sent just before or after the changes

Eventhough if some one click on BIN , it will remain open, because netfleet does not want any one (drop) to know which domains they targetting on. Who ever click first on bin wins the auction.

Some thing like that was in the email, I am not 100% sure, this is "as i remember"

duncan22

I can confirm a colleague hit BIM on Netfleet yesterday at 3.35pm. Likely others have too. It still shows which is strange. Suppose we wait till 2pm today to see who was the first to hit buy now or if there was a backorder which would explain the low buy now price (which would get people talking about Netfleet).

James

Top Contributor
I am sure people will offer higher over BIN right, what happens in that case domain goes to the highest bidder.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
No it goes to the first person who hits the BIN button.

http://www.netfleet.com.au/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=40

"Buy Now,
Some auctions may have a Buy Now price. If the Buy Now price is reached either by clicking the Buy It Now button, or by submitting a bid equal to or above the Buy Now price, the domain will be marked as sold to the buyer in the database if you are the first person to hit the Buy Now. The sold status will not be displayed to other participants until after the auction ends, and you will find out if you were the first person to hit the Buy Now button."

zeebs

Good luck to whoever gets it... looks like it will either go for great money on Drop or well, the BIN on Netfleet.. looks like Netfleet undervalued it?

findtim

Top Contributor
yep, all above is true for NF.

bim is clicked and the domain stays
domain goes to first to hit bim not highest bidder
backorders just don't show so nobody can bim.

thats why drop is going up right now, they are all just hoping drop win now as the NF race is long over.

now lets go back to the first point " domain stays" ... well thats a mute point for this domain as its obvious NF and drop will be targeting it but there are a few people wondering if they managed to "shoot first" and get grab the bim, all this does is help drop because the bids are being pushed up.

" help drop" well i mean if drop win of course, as an example say i have $20K and do the bim and actually KNOW i am the winner of the bim, maybe then i would back off on drop and snipe.

SO what i don't get ( as FPR pointed out )is why has it gone past bim, it should be sitting at bim and anyone with more just leave it alone, they are only hurting themselves, showing cards to early IMO.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member