What's new

2017 Board Elections

Lemon

Top Contributor

Lemon

Top Contributor
The beauty of Nicole running is that as an Intellectual Property lawyer, she brings a totally different skill set to the table. And it's for that reason she will attract the "non-domainer" vote.
A totally different skill set?
I think Erhan from Cooper Mills Lawyers has been on the Board for a number of years.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Ian are you on the Board or getting Board? Seriously, do you think the Board is effective and efficient? Or shall we all “Wait a Minute” speaking of minutes, we would all like to see the minutes. I recall you did help bring about the SGM because you wanted to see them returned. Where are they?

neddy

Top Contributor
It’s unfortunate that there are 3 DNT members vying for 2 positions. It was never supposed to be that way – but it is what it is.

One thing I do know is that there must be some at auDA who are just loving seeing this banter. The old adage of “divide and conquer” comes to mind.

But the fact is, we are all good candidates in our own ways.

As I said in an earlier post, Nicole and I look forward to the election contest. If Ian Halson (Lemon) beats either of us, then well done to him. I hope he will reciprocate and congratulate us if we send him packing!

Let's just get on with it.

Ned

Nicole Murdoch

I am thrilled to receive this support from ausCERT

AusCERT (a member of auDA) supports Nicole Murdoch’s application for Demand Class Director at auDA.
Mike Holm, Operations Manager at AusCERT, makes this recommendation based upon his knowledge of Nicole’s experience, passion for the industry and suitability for such a role. AusCERT views the governance of the .au namespace as extremely important not only for reduction in cybercrime but also to encourage investment in Australian organisations.

Kind regards,
Mike Holm | Operations Manager AusCERT | Protecting organisations from cyber threats since 1993.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I am thrilled to receive this support from ausCERT

AusCERT (a member of auDA) supports Nicole Murdoch’s application for Demand Class Director at auDA.
Mike Holm, Operations Manager at AusCERT, makes this recommendation based upon his knowledge of Nicole’s experience, passion for the industry and suitability for such a role. AusCERT views the governance of the .au namespace as extremely important not only for reduction in cybercrime but also to encourage investment in Australian organisations.

Kind regards,
Mike Holm | Operations Manager AusCERT | Protecting organisations from cyber threats since 1993.

Did they post this on social media also?.. .that would be very good support to receive.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Who said I was pro direct registrations.

I just received your email on direct registrations, more fence sitting!

Given Simon Johnson is your stated backer and you seem to share the same completely unclear stance on .au, do you also support his fit and proper special resolutions?

Lemon

Top Contributor
Nobody cares what you think snoopy.
For someone who spends a lot of time being negative about .au and promoting .com you obviously have very little involvement in the .au namespace.
I have a very clear view on direct registrations which you are incapable of understanding.

Lemon

Top Contributor
Lemon, your stance on .au is one of uncertainty.
The only certainty is that direct registrations will happen just like marriage equality will happen.
The minority, like you, may bitch and moan about it and try to impede it in as many ways possible but the reality is that it will come about.
All I care about is the process, as I said in my email.
What do you think the response will be if you go to 2.5 million .com.au owners and ask what they think.
Personally I think the YES vote will be greater than the NO vote.
Then we look at the economic implications.
The process needs to be followed in a logical progression.

snoopy

Top Contributor
The only certainty is that direct registrations will happen just like marriage equality will happen.
The minority, like you, may bitch and moan about it and try to impede it in as many ways possible but the reality is that it will come about.
What do you think the response will be if you go to 2.5 million .com.au owners and ask what they think.

So are you in favour of direct registrations or not? If there is a board vote to scrap it which way will you be voting? I think you'll just go with whatever works for you at the time because we keep getting non committal answers from you on the subject.

Secondly, why are you avoiding this question? "Do you support Simon's special resolutions?"

DomainNames

Top Contributor

Why does auDA some on the auDA Board and you not want the 2.5 million .com.au owners to get the chance be better informed and contacted?
https://www.arnnet.com.au/article/5...ern-over-proposed-domain-name-system-changes/

"The Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN) has written to the .au Domain Administration (auDA) board to voice concerns over the proposed changes to the Australian domain name system.

auDA has proposed to introduce a .au environment without the need for .com, .net, .edu extension on domain names, enabling domains like www.accan.au to be registered.

ACCAN claimed, in a statement, that Australia’s current domain name system is highly regarded and has strong public recognition and the proposed changes could have adverse effects on small businesses that rely on their website and domain name to attract business if other parties register and use similar domain names.

It could also result in additional expenses incurred by small businesses that have to defensively register additional domain names to protect their businesses, it added.

ACCAN CEO, Teresa Corbin, indicated the changes may be confusing to consumers as recognised domain names of businesses and organisations could change.

“ACCAN has consulted with a number of small businesses who have expressed concern over the proposed changes to Australian domain names. There is a strong likelihood that small businesses will incur extra costs due to defensive registrations, not to mention the extra time and effort they’ll need to spend ensuring their domain name and business are protected.

“We are concerned that to date feedback on the changes has largely been from the domain name industry and the consultation has not adequately taken into account other perspectives such as those of small businesses. A lot of small businesses may not even be aware of the proposed changes,” she said.

Lemon

Top Contributor
If there is a board vote to scrap it which way will you be voting? I
You are obviously not listening. Like any Board member the decision will be based on the information provided.

Secondly, why are you avoiding this question? "Do you support Simon's special resolutions?"
I think it is a good idea.
Do you think we should allow crooks and criminals on the auDA board?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
You are obviously not listening. Like any Board member the decision will be based on the information provided.

I think it is a good idea.
Do you think we should allow crooks and criminals on the auDA board?

What is your definition of a crook and criminal? Using your own definition have there at any time been any on the auDA Board.. or even staff?

Lemon

Top Contributor
Why does auDA some on the auDA Board and you not want the 2.5 million .com.au owners to get the chance be better informed and contacted?
Once again you have your information wrong.

www.halson.com.au
2.The community (all registrants) are asked if they want direct registrations based on the implementation recommendations.

3.An in depth financial analysis is undertaken of the impact of direct registrations on the Australian economy with case studies. This includes consultation with multiple stakeholders including; industry & trade associations/bodies, community organisations, education & government departments, registrars & resellers and Australian businesses

We are concerned that to date feedback on the changes has largely been from the domain name industry and the consultation has not adequately taken into account other perspectives such as those of small businesses. A lot of small businesses may not even be aware of the proposed changes
I totally agree with ACCAN see point 3 above.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo