What's new

Would You List or Buy Domains on a New AMA?

If an AMA with "NetFleet prices" and smooth COR process existed, which would you be willing to do:

• Bid on domains with no reserve

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Bid on domains with reserves

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • List domains for sale with no reserve

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • List domains for sale with reserve

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Refer buyers to the AMA for a healthy cut of the commision earned

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Chris.C

Top Contributor
My last poll probably wasn't the greatest, so at the request of Snoopy I've made this one a bit more specific to get a better idea of people's feelings towards the various options.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Snoopy it seems you are correct, people are indeed more inclined to buy on an AMA than sell at this stage.

In light of that, am I correct in assuming that people would be willing to bid on domains that had a "minimum bid" that doubled as a reserve (assuming that the minimum was below the maximum were willing to bid)?

Shane

Top Contributor
I ticked the boxes for the first four options. It all comes down to the audience though, and having willing buyers and willing sellers.

If there are domains I like, sure I'll bid on them. If they have a reserve, no problem if the reserve is less than I want to pay! :p

And if I can see domains selling for reasonable prices, then sure I'll list some of my domains that I have no plans for.

But how do you get the audience, and especially one that is will to pay decent money as a buyer... That's the tough part.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
I wouldn't list domains with no reserve this could be a disaster I liked when netfleet had the minimum $100 bid, this kept a nice market price for .au domains.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Thanks to everyone who has voted so far.

It seems that there is a pattern starting to emerge as to what most people are most interested in.

That said, one of those patterns seems to be that there are few people interested in referring buyers to the platform in exchange for a cut of the commission generated. I'd be interested to know why that is?

My suspicion is that it may be because some domainers may see this as a conflict of interest (ie why get paid a percentage of a commission when you can buy the domain yourself and sell it to an end user for many multiples of the commission earned by referring the buyer). Is that the case? Or is it something else?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member