What's new

Would You List and/or Buy Domains on a New AfterMarket Auction Platform?

Would You List and/or Buy Domains on a New AfterMarket Auction Platform?

• Yes, definitely!

• Probably

• Maybe

• Probably not

• No, definitely not!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
On the other hand, an platform for liquidating domains at wholesale prices may indeed work well. And I'm talking $100 a name on average.
When you say "wholesale prices" do you mean the sort of prices NetFleet gets for its domains or higher/lower?

snoopy

Top Contributor
I think the best thing you can do is build a platform for those sellers who are ready to "meet the market" by providing a stable ecosystem of buyers that have the incentive to put in their best bid in on domains that they can be certain will sell.

For me, I see the primary function of an AMA's is to provide domain liquidity, ie it's primary job is to be the "fastest way" to sell numerous domains not necessarily the best.

I think it is market that barely exists, people with good quality domains who just want to sell for whatever the market dictates. Even in .com people running aftermarket auctions have struggled to get momentum.

Shane

Top Contributor
That said, I'm surprised you don't feel there would be a difference in the success of the platform between and english auction format and blind tender. May I ask why?
It's not that I don't think there would be any difference, I just think the difference wouldn't be of any great significance in comparison to simply getting enough of the right eyeballs watching.

The blind bidding system seems to work well in attracting higher bids, but as a seller I think I'd be a little nervous. I don't know why... maybe just because you can't see the action until it's all over. I don't know if I could sell a decent domain in that manner, but it could be good for liquidating marginal domains. Again it all comes down to attracting enough buyers.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
The blind bidding system seems to work well in attracting higher bids, but as a seller I think I'd be a little nervous. I don't know why... maybe just because you can't see the action until it's all over.
What sort of things do you think would make it less nerve racking for sellers?

Again it all comes down to attracting enough buyers.
Agreed. Get this part right and the rest takes care of itself.

Shane

Top Contributor
What sort of things do you think would make it less nerve racking for sellers?

Reserves I guess, but as others pointed out earlier, reserves don't really work with this type of auction.

You could allow sellers to enter a starting bid for each domain, but if you start getting unrealistic starting bids it makes the whole thing look stupid.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
You could allow sellers to enter a starting bid for each domain, but if you start getting unrealistic starting bids it makes the whole thing look stupid.
Yeah I think a "starting bid" or "minimum bid" is an option, but what could be done to disincentivise sellers setting unrealistic starting bids?

Chris.C

Top Contributor

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads