1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Host overseas

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by jhellyer, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Honan

Honan Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    You know already know, I am a tight arse
    I think it worked out to $1.33 per domain per year on a 100 name 3 year package

Ned, Can you edit this post out in a couple of days time , so my clients don't see it in the future
    Cheers

2. shags38

shags38 Membership: Community

Joe, not sure how to interpret the above :confused:

or ..... maybe like Con the Fruiterer would say ....... duzzenmatta(.com.au)

cheers,
    Mike

3. Honan

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Well you pay @15 per month for unlimited

I pay a once only $400 for 3 years for 100 domain hosting

You do the math

4. shags38

shags38 Membership: Community

So did I get it right? $400 x 3 x 100 = $12,000 / 36 = $333 rounded / 100 = $3.33 per domain per month = great deal. I was paying $11 per domain per month for Oz hosting. So where can I get a slice of this deal - who is the host company?
    Or should it be 40000 cents divided by 3600 domain hosting months = 110 cents per domain per month?
    Calculator went in to meltdown and then flashed up this message (as a 3d hologram) Where in Botswana is this host? and it was quite canny - at the same time the radio was playing "Renting space on your own server - nice tax deduction :) " by one of those new alternative stone choirs.

I've Gotta smile Joe :) - you spin a great yarn :D

5. sp@rky13

sp@rky13 Membership: Community

I'm going to guess that it's VentraIP's reseller plan prepaid for 3 years with 75% off (may be 80%) That's my guess. What do I get if I'm right :)

6. Honan

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Shags
    It was around $400 for 3 years , not per year
    I think that is $1.11 per name per year, or more correctly per Cpanel ( maybe you can do add ons to have even more names hosted there)
    The host is Melbourne and it is fast, very fast. I am prepared to travel to Botswana to find a better host if you recommend them

Sparky, probably a kick up the arse for being too smart:)

7. Snooks

Snooks Membership: Community

I use HostMonster, HostGator for hosting about 20 sites between them.

The only thing worse than Godaddy Hosting is the Godaddy Control Panel. Its dreadful to navigate and turns me off them totally.

Namecheap are pretty good:)

8. FirstPageResults

FirstPageResults Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Not to mention if you try and do anything left of center you'll have all types of issues. Alot of configs are disabled by default and you need to work around them...