• Logo 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Logo 7

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

geodomains

Top Contributor
Thanks everyone who voted and have gone with logo 4 as it had the most votes, have asked to have colours change to blue/green and .com.au to same text size on the end.

See how we go.

Don

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Bit late to the party here, but I reckon #4 was the best of the bunch. think you should have the designer come up with some colour and font variations.

marketingweb

Top Contributor
I think you have made the right decision with 4, although it still needs a bit of work.

Just curious who the designer was, as number 5 is simply awful, and I would be worried about working with a pro designer who put out this level of logo. I'm guessing it's one of those "online" logo designers - as in not one person but like a logo competition type site?

I work in the screen printing industry in my day job (t-shirts, coffee mugs etc), and i'm a bit of a logo design Nazi even though i'm not a designer myself. Basically the rules I go by are 2 colours max, no gradients, able to be reproduced both large and small and still be readable. They must also be able to have a reversed out version for some form of darker background that actually works (there are multiple ways to reverse a logo, it's not a literal reverse). They must also be legible as the logo when done in black only (ie on a fax), so no two colours touching each other that become meaningless in pure B&W. I also prefer logos that work visually in a rectangle - if it's getting to almost be a square then I don't like it - too hard to print on a lot of stuff.

Just my thoughts
Matt

geodomains

Top Contributor
Hi Matt,
Thanks for your thoughts on the logo designs and yes it was an online $199.00 logo design company, thats the tight ass in me.

I've attached the final logo I have gone with in its finished form logo 1 , I'm hoping its agreeable with everyone, can't please everyone, but did go with majority vote.

Thanks again everyone.

Don

Attachments

• TRAVEL AGENT_25022010.jpg
    TRAVEL AGENT_25022010.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 14

marketingweb

Top Contributor
Hi Don,

I think you have ended up with a good logo - similar colours to mine (which isn't on on my site yet sorry, as i've been too busy doing client work to get my own site up!).

I think you have ended up with a good result for a fair price - some of the initial results were a bit of a fail but that looks like a quality logo not a "logo mill" one, so well done on working through the process of refinements.

Matt
Marketing Web

montecristo

Top Contributor
I like the logo mate, the V still looks slightly shaky to me but that's just personal opinion I guess.

If you need any logos in future, give us a yell might be able to help you out for free.

If you've got an idea of something you might like we can go from there.

Anyone else after basic stuff just yell out.

geodomains

Top Contributor
Hi Monte,
Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep you in mind for the next project.

I found showing the forum members the logo's and getting them to vote was a great way to help me make a decision and strongly recommend others to do it.

Cheers
Don

marketingweb

Top Contributor
Hi Again Don,

I think once you went down the path of those type of logo design sites, getting forum input was a great idea.

That said however, you will usually achieve a much better result by sitting down (physically or metaphorically) with a graphic designer who understands branding and working through things like who your target market its, are you looking to give an image of freshness, fun, reliablity, stablity, innovation, creativity, flexablity, formality etc etc. Once the designer gets an idea of this they can then sketch up some designs and work through concepts based on your positioning, as even font choice can portray these concepts and more.

With your travel agents one I think you have a good end result you should be happy with so this is purely academic, however some of the inital design reeked of two things - amatuer design work, and designers who have created a design based on the name without really understanding your brand positioning.

Obviously the above process I describe could cost a LOT - but doesn't always have to be. If you see $199 as being cheap, then you may be pleasently suprised at some of the quality work you can get for a reasonable price. It could definately be someone online, but needs to be someone you have some verbal conversation with either face to face or on the phone, not a faceless company who comes up with semi-random designs on a topic without actually taking a proper design brief.

As I said - I genuinely like your design so you have ended up with a good result, but I would look at other paths next time. Perhaps someone on here even - say Montecristo or perhaps even Jam (Not sure if he does logo designs, but I suspect he would), or there may be others - definately not me though, i'm a logo Nazi but I don't have the Adobe Illustrator skills to pull off being a designer!

Gosh I can woffle on!
Matt
Marketing Web
Laser Treatments

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.