What's new

virgin australia adwords

findtim

Top Contributor
theres been recent talk about this but i was amazed when i searched "virgin australia" there was NOOOOOOOOO adwords, none ! i was totally expecting webjet, flightcentre and maybe jetstar if they dared.

is this a google change even though the high court ruled for google on this issue?

the other thing , is it just my screens or is the colour behind the adwords ads above organic getting lighter and lighter ? so times i think i hvae to tilt my laptop screen to see where the organics start.

tim

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Virgin has probably just put in a request to AdWords to not allow people to advertise on their trademarks.

Generally Google is pretty good at disallowing people advertising on obviously trademarked terms.

I know I have had a few competitors removed from time to time (of course it doesn't stop me advertising on their name... LOL)

findtim

Top Contributor
Virgin has probably just put in a request to AdWords to not allow people to advertise on their trademarks.

Generally Google is pretty good at disallowing people advertising on obviously trademarked terms.

I know I have had a few competitors removed from time to time (of course it doesn't stop me advertising on their name... LOL)

i agree but what i find interesting is IMAGINE if every trademark owner sent a request to google to do this, the time and people power to implement would be astounding.

tim

James

Top Contributor
The search volume on a term like "Virgin Australia" is very high, it probably costs $xx,XXX+ a month even more to pay for the brand clicks on that term. Especially if you dominate page one from a brand point of view. Why not move that money to generic PPC keywords. Also as said above you can put a trademark form in with Google if you own the trademark for a term, thing is some times you have to keep pushing it too Google reps to stop people from bidding.

findtim

Top Contributor
The search volume on a term like "Virgin Australia" is very high, it probably costs $xx,XXX+ a month even more to pay for the brand clicks on that term. Especially if you dominate page one from a brand point of view.

yeh, didn't think of it like that, thanks, it could be a quick waste of money.

a good quick lesson, thanks James.

tim

DavidL

Top Contributor
Generally Google is pretty good at disallowing people advertising on obviously trademarked terms. )

You don't have to have a trademark to do this.

The search volume on a term like "Virgin Australia" is very high, it probably costs $xx,XXX+ a month even more to pay for the brand clicks on that term.

what do you mean? If there are no advertisers, a competitor could get clicks for potentially a few cents. Aside from the ethical issues, it would make great commercial sense...

snoopy

Top Contributor
Would say it is definitely being blocked, it doesn't even show search data for the term.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member