What's new

Two big days coming up!

James

Top Contributor
Like David and Mark always say, get in early to avoid disappointment ;)

No it is time for them to upgrade their servers to cope with increased demand.

If customers are increasing you increase server capacity.

snoopy

Top Contributor
That would suck!

So auDA don't give you a chance to get your ABN sorted out? It's such an easy process, and I can't believe someone with so many decent domains could stuff it up. Poor bugger!

It is the kind of thing that saps trust from the market, reminds me a bit of the dark days in .com where names used to sometimes deleted for random and unclear reasons (see link about races.com below).

An expired ABN shouldn't be a reason for deleting a name, imagine if you didn't pay your council rates and the council gave your house away. I'm sure the deletion complies with whatever rules AUDA have but it leaves a wild west image where anything can happen to someone's assets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Solutions#Races.com_controversy

James

Top Contributor
It is the kind of thing that saps trust from the market, reminds me a bit of the dark days in .com where names used to sometimes deleted for random and unclear reasons (see link about races.com below).

An expired ABN shouldn't be a reason for deleting a name, imagine if you didn't pay your council rates and the council gave your house away. I'm sure the deletion complies with whatever rules AUDA have but it leaves a wild west image where anything can happen to someone's assets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Solutions#Races.com_controversy

Did you do a who is check on these domain when they were bidding today/yesterday, then trace the owner back to a thread here dated 2009.

I think it was clear why these domains were taken down if you read the said thread.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Did you do a who is check on these domain when they were bidding today/yesterday, then trace the owner back to a thread here dated 2009.

I think it was clear why these domains were taken down if you read the said thread.

No I didn't. What is the thread?

Shane

Top Contributor
Netfleet is showing me as the top bidder for bait.com.au and incorporated.com.au yet they've registered them for other people.

What gives???

James

Top Contributor
Reminds me of the .mobi land rush auction back in like 2007 where they had issues with the system not been able to cope, was a huge nightmare...

snoopy

Top Contributor
I will pm you the info..

Cheers,

Have read it and I still don't think it is right to just be deleting valuable assets,

I'm not talking about AUDA policy (I'm sure they are allowed to do it) but rather the way things would work in relation to any asset. I don't think it matters if the previous owner was an axe murderer, in the real world his assets wouldn't just be given away by a regulator. So to have this kind of thing happening doesn't look great in my view.

The issue is trust in the marketplace in which people are investing and whether the regulator is really viewing domains as assets, if someone's domains can be deleted by a regulator that is a major problem in my view.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Cheers,

Have read it and I still don't think it is right to just be deleting valuable assets,

I'm not talking about AUDA policy (I'm sure they are allowed to do it) but rather the way things would work in relation to any asset. I don't think it matters if the previous owner was an axe murderer, in the real world his assets wouldn't just be given away by a regulator. So to have this kind of thing happening doesn't look great in my view.

The issue is trust in the marketplace in which people are investing and whether the regulator is really viewing domains as assets, if someone's domains can be deleted by a regulator that is a major problem in my view.

Snoopy please keep us posted on this.

James

Top Contributor
Cheers,

Hard to say but I think the thread on here people were just putting up their own opinion on the issue. I guess the owner of the domain knew best.

But yes I agree 100% with what you are saying, it places vulnerability on the market for some one too loose their whole portfolio over a mistake it is very worrying, turns away investors.

Shane

Top Contributor
I've messaged the guys and will share the results.

Even if I log out of Netfleet and look at the snapper results, it still shows my bids of $518 and $257 as the winners. When logged in I can refresh the page from the screenshot and it still shows my winning bids in green.

Strange...

neddy

Top Contributor

Absolutely, totally agree.

Mark

Top Contributor
Yeah sorry again for this guys - we are looking at it right now. I have delayed the restart of the next auction until we get some answers

Thanks for your patience

Oz.

Top Contributor
Netfleet is showing me as the top bidder for bait.com.au and incorporated.com.au yet they've registered them for other people.

What gives???

Happened to me the other day with Recruitment.net.au, seems like that bug isn't fixed yet.

Oz.

Top Contributor
Cheers,

Can you/James PM me too. I'd be interested to know more, or if I was on the right track :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member