What's new

ThingToDo.com.au v's ThingsToDo.net.au

Honan

Top Contributor
Troy sounds like you've made up your mind, but personally I'd definitely pick a different name. As others have said, 'ThingToDo' doesn't make sense, and 'ThingsToDo.net.au' will be orders of magnitude harder to rank than a .com.au.

And if you do manage to get it ranking you'll leak traffic to the .com.au.

Jonathan
Do you have any evidence that a .com.au is easier to rank than a .net.au on Google.com.au?

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Joe I've tried developing them myself and while there's still a chance I've just been unlucky, my own experience is that Google tends to favour .com.au's over .net.au's by a pretty wide margin. Not sure why this would be the case as it makes no logical sense to me, but that does seem to be the way things are going at the moment.

I think there have been a couple of .net.au threads on here in the past and other people's anecdotal evidence seems to match my own.

What's weird is that .net's don't seem to be discriminated against, so maybe it's a glitch or something that will change with time.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Also, if you build a nice site on a catchy domain, then stop all affiliate crap on your other sites and promote your new venture with clever geo-targeted ads. List build, add value, competitions, build real customer relationships (no matter how few initially), implement social media strategies and dominate the big fish in other areas while they are snoozing :)

My 2 cents.

This sounds like a good idea to me. (assuming the business model is there from early on to be covering ad expenditure etc).

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member