What's new

The Recent Registrations Thread

Shaun

Top Contributor
So it got me thinking, I have a domain (33,000+ exacts) which is an net.au and the .com currently dominates the Aus Google search ... but again the .com.au is parked.
Figured there might of been an opening?

Yeah it's a tough argument, I am also starting to believe that .net.au's require A LOT more work.

We have a domain which is in a super competitive term yet the .com.au is redirected, so technically not in use except for type in traffic.

It ranks well for longer tail search but not the exact keywords...

It's only about three months old so only time will tell. We will continue to work on it and hopefully get a better result.

montecristo

Top Contributor
Be good to see how that turns out Shaun. Keep us posted.

What would be interesting is get any old random domains of both the .com.au and the .net.au version, do absolutely nothing on the .com.au as far as promotion, content or seo and then drill the .net.au and see how they compare.

Might give an idea of whether it's all worth it.

Would suck to really push a .net.au and the .com.au that is parked by someone else comes along and takes over with little or no effort.

Last edited:

Shaun

Top Contributor
LinkBroker.com.au

Hand reg'd. Thinking there could be opportunities later as the .au space opens and people want to buy HIGH PR Links.

Need to completely automate the service so will require some time developing.

No hurry though!

marketingweb

Top Contributor
This one is a bit out of left field for most probably...
www.christianbusinessdirectory.com.au

I hand reg'd it yesterday after noticing it expire - previously owned by hillsong church for quite some time who ran a paid directory by that name which I believe it was once #1 ranking for the exact match term. The site changed names (no idea when) to familydirectory.com.au which currently ranks #1 for the phrase. Obviously they thought they would just let their old domain name expire rather than holding onto it.

Not sure what I will do with it yet if anything, but could be fun to take on the old owners of a domain who changed business names!

TroyW

Top Contributor
Recently picked up AussieTourism.com.au. Going to develop it as a stand alone site and use it as the parent brand for my tourism geos.

Timmy

Banned
Man, I hate typos when registering hahahahahaha - what a douche.

I am now proud owner of suppliments.net.au :(

Oz.

Top Contributor
Timmy, IF you wanted - you probably could/should be able request the registrar to delete it and be refunded the registration fee if the request was timely.

Timmy

Banned
Lesson learned :) Only 20$, who knows it might still come in handy for something haha.

Registered the wrong domain name by accident?

Unfortunately every domain name registered requires Hostess to pay the respective Registry a fee which is non-refundable. As such we cannot offer refunds on mistakes made during the registration process, unless a Hostess consultant is responsible. Note that the registration process asks you to confirm the domain name you are registering 5 times before the application is actually submitted.

Timmy

Banned
Sewingmachin.es
usedcarsal.es
homebasedbusiness.es
harleydavidsonmotorcycl.es

harleydavidsonmotorcycles.tv

Last edited:

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
Mmm. es?
For spain. Interesante... why .es for spain what is the point... the amount of searches in english in spain is very limited.
I know about it, that's my first language and I used to live in Spain.

-----

ah... you are doing it for the combination of words... mmm difficult to find an SEO logic to register domains like this... but interesting the approach

Timmy

Banned
Just a point of difference mate - there's talk of google reading/ranking them in near future, though I'm neither convinced or concerned.

I registered BMXBIK.ES and MMANE.WS - I think if marketed correctly, these and many others could be effective for brand recognition.

While I have some exact keyword match domains, and I've had them rank to the front page within weeks of adding 3 or 4 blog articles - I think that domains will mean less and less in the future.

Content will always be king - I just think they look freakin cool haha

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads