1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Sydney.florist

Discussion in 'gTLDs' started by Scott7, Jul 28, 2016.

1. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

It is not enough to increase prices, there has to be a market at the price being asked. Most of the time people will be asking wayyy above the market if they even ask for their costs back, they'll sell some tiny % of names and end up with a fat loss.

Nobodoy has ever made money in the industry with $70 renewals. Ask the .tv people. Even with $9 renewals it is incredibly difficult to make money from a portfolio. Mix lousy tlds and crazy renewals together and that is a recipe for disaster.

2. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

I hear you. There has to be some exception for the best domains i.e. webdesign.london etc

3. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

I think it is no different for the better names.

For example website.london has a $999 renewal. How on earth is anyone going to make money holding names like that? It is the type of name that would be worth a few hundred dollars in .com form in my view. Highest report .london sale ever is $1000 for west.london according to name bio. (it also has the unfortunately record of being the only recorded .london sale)