What's new

Sydney.florist

snoopy

Top Contributor
The way I see this is that for every year added I add the registration cost.

It is not enough to increase prices, there has to be a market at the price being asked. Most of the time people will be asking wayyy above the market if they even ask for their costs back, they'll sell some tiny % of names and end up with a fat loss.

Nobodoy has ever made money in the industry with $70 renewals. Ask the .tv people. Even with $9 renewals it is incredibly difficult to make money from a portfolio. Mix lousy tlds and crazy renewals together and that is a recipe for disaster.

helloworld

Top Contributor
Nobodoy has ever made money in the industry with $70 renewals. Ask the .tv people. Even with $9 renewals it is incredibly difficult to make money from a portfolio. Mix lousy tlds and crazy renewals together and that is a recipe for disaster.
I hear you. There has to be some exception for the best domains i.e. webdesign.london etc

snoopy

Top Contributor
I hear you. There has to be some exception for the best domains i.e. webdesign.london etc

I think it is no different for the better names.

For example website.london has a $999 renewal. How on earth is anyone going to make money holding names like that? It is the type of name that would be worth a few hundred dollars in .com form in my view. Highest report .london sale ever is $1000 for west.london according to name bio. (it also has the unfortunately record of being the only recorded .london sale)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member