What's new

Sydney Domainer Meetup

Would you come along to a Sydney Domainer's Meetup if you were available?

• Yes - I live in Sydney/NSW

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Yes - I live interstate

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • No - I live in Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I live interstate

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

DavidL

Top Contributor
Nice one!

Have 24 confirmed so far with about 10 maybes. Please confirm or decline if you are still considering. There will be names on the door and food & beverage allocations, so leaving it to the last minute won't work! All I need is a PM, email, reply in this thread or a reply on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=124523774227858 (PS regardless of whether you are going or not, please join the Australian Domainer's group on FB if you have an account)

Guest speaker Jo Lim has confirmed her flights & accom and I'm sure, based on the content of some of the threads recently, many people will have some great questions for her.

Andrew Wright from Fabulous has also booked his flights to come down from QLD so it would be a good opportunity for those of you who use Drop to have a chat with him.

BTW if anyone needs a discount code for free entry to the Online Retailer expo event -EB120

DavidL

Top Contributor
Probably not so good for parking as it's right in the city although it might be cheaper after business hours...

Link

Probably not so good for parking as it's right in the city although it might be cheaper after business hours...

I think that's right, you might find $25 per hour after business hours rather than the standard $40 per hour. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside, if you drive around long enough you'll probably find a flat rate after hours for maybe $10 or $15. I'm only sorry I can't remember where any of them are and I'll probably just end up driving around for ages looking for one. If anyone knows a good flat rate parking place, please post!

TroyW

Top Contributor
I think that's right, you might find $25 per hour after business hours

Thanks guys, $25 is alright.

What's the policy wrt inviting people? I wouldn't mind inviting 1 or 2 people such as Lana from Intaserve. I always speak to her on the phone but have never met her as I don't visit the city very often.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
I'm going to be away for 4 days at an event, so I'm unable to make it. If I wasn't going to be away, I'd definitely fly up for it.

If anyone is thinking "should I go" - seriously, just do it. It sounds like its going to be a great night.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Sorry I have been a bit quiet - back from holiday and 1,000 emails to get through today.

Still all go for Thursday - it should be a great night. As ever, confirm with me if you are going and also try to aim for 6pm as the entertainment kicks in at 8:30pm so nice to have a good couple of hours to network prior. Of course nothing stopping us moving to another part of the club or another venue afterwards if we want.

Troy - if you or anyone else want to invite people it shouldn't be a prob as long as they have an interest in domains. Just drop me a note with their names.

Simon, shame you'll be missing it but congrats on your new site. Will give it a thorough workout tomorrow when I've caught up on urgent stuff.

davids

Top Contributor
Just arrived in Sydney now, such a long drive! I reckon it's almost about time to head to the pub for a few drinks

Link

Just wanted to say what a fantastic night it was. Many thanks to David and Mark for organising and others who were involved.

I enjoyed meeting others with an interest in domains and wish I could have had a chance to meet and speak with everyone. (Missed the first hour waiting to cross the Harbour Bridge into the city...).

I'd definitely be interested if we do another one either later in the year or next year.

Thanks again,

Luke

Shaun

Top Contributor
As I nurse my very sore head this morning I'd like to take the opportunity to thank David and his team for organising a great event last night.

It was really awesome to see such a huge turnout and put names to faces.

I look forward to the next event.

Panadol anyone?

DavidL

Top Contributor
Thanks to everyone who came and also to those who nearly made it!

Was a really great night and as always with these things it was so good to put some more faces to names and catch up with other domainers. Special thanks to Jo Lim too who I think everyone who was there will agree, gave us all some fantastic insights which, in due course will pay huge dividends to everyone there.

Thanks especially to the interstate attendees (There were 8 in total which was very impressive). That takes a real effort and expense so I hope those who did got enough value from the event to justify it. I have little doubt that would be the case.

Erhan from Cooper Mills Domain Lawyers was one of those and donated pens, pads & an 4GB Ipod Shuffle as a lucky door prize which was great.

More than a few thousand dollars in domain sales occurred over the night as people lubricated their negotiation skills with cleansing ales. Hopefully these will all stick after the morning hangover.

Great success all round and some of us are already planning the next one. Let's keep the momentum going and foster this great Australian domaining community.

Andrew, did you make your 9am flight? My head hurts.

davids

Top Contributor
Great night, thanks David and Mark for organising it all.

It was good to meet more of the domain community and talk to everyone.

Hahaha Shaun, it was LEGEN... wait for it... DARY!

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Thanks and congrats to David for an awesome event. Great to put faces to names, and to see some of the old faces again.

Felt slightly second hand this morning but I made my flight :)

Cheers

Andrew

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hey, what happened to that buying syndicate that was informally discussed last night. Joe & Shaun and some others I think.

It was to buy a .com that is currently for sale for US$50K

It was an LLLL.com from memory... can't quite recall

davids

Top Contributor
It has some pretty excellent subdomain opportunities too, from memory anyway... I can't actually recall the name itself though...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member