What's new

Sydney Domainer Meetup

Would you come along to a Sydney Domainer's Meetup if you were available?

• Yes - I live in Sydney/NSW

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Yes - I live interstate

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • No - I live in Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I live interstate

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

soj

Founder
The Online Retailer Event would be best for me, just based on timing, would also help out some with CarParts.com.au

Rhythm

Top Contributor
Still working on the timing but just a thought - would either of these two events make it more worthwhile for interstate visitors to make the effort:

http://www.cebit.com.au/
http://onlineretailer.net/events/or10/home

Both have free entry to the expo

I've already reg'd for cebit

Regging for the onlineretailer.net one now.

Agreeing with Soj, Online Retailer some seem more relevant to those of us with online retailing plans, could also assist with the discovery of the ever so elusive end-users.

Last edited:

DavidL

Top Contributor
OK guys, let's set a date:

Thursday 8th July at a pub in the CBD to be advised. This coincides with the Online Retailer event too which will give an extra reason for our interstate guests to attend.

Still working on a few things (such as the venue & the beer allowance :) ) however I'm delighted to announce, we will have secured a high profile guest speaker for a chat and some Q & A.

We'll be welcoming Jo Lim, Chief Policy Officer from auDA. Jo will be presenting her and auDA's views on domainers and domaining and will provide invaluable information on AU policy plus some insights into the future of this space.

The domainer-auDA relationship has not always been as close as it could be, so this is a chance for each side to get a better understanding of the other's viewpoint. I know Jo is keen to demonstrate to everyone that auDA is far from 'anti-domainer' as some people may have you think but on the contrary is as keen to grow the AU space as the rest of us.

So, now we have a date, let's firm up on numbers... who's in?

TroyW

Top Contributor
We'll be welcoming Jo Lim, Chief Policy Officer from auDA. Jo will be presenting her and auDA's views on domainers and domaining and will provide invaluable information on AU policy plus some insights into the future of this space.

Wow, watch a great catch - hat's off to Jo for agreeing to attend. I've had a number of discussions with Auda recently regarding policy so I welcome hearing Jo's views first hand.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
I've seen the poll - how many people are going? I'm thinking about flying up from Melbourne or in from LAX (not sure where I'll be yet).

DavidL

Top Contributor
Good stuff, guys. I reckon we should have about 30 people at a guess. Nice work Simon - flying in from LAX - that's commitment!!

Rhythm

Top Contributor
I'll pop in, but for how long I don't know. Depends on the time and whether anything else comes up (wedding or volcano eruption etc)

Last edited:

DavidL

Top Contributor
Anyone have any good suggestions for a venue. Got a few ideas but I don't go out in the city much these days...

DavidL

Top Contributor
OK guys just a reminder to book flights and/or confirm for this event. Also have some special entertainment coming in at 8:30pm :) so please try to get there as early as possible for some great networking before the entertainment.

Again, please confirm by email PM or FB as I need to confirm numbers next week (as I'm away the week after). Will be a great night!!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member