What's new

Search Volume Numbers

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
If it's not confidential, I was wondering where you are getting your search and PPC/CPC numbers from?

Some of the numbers seem to be very low. I typically search by $ and then by #'s to filter the better domains so a low number can mean a domain gets overlooked.

Callum

For organic search i use Ahrefs/SEMrush. Adwords tool doesn't give accurate numbers as it clusters long tail keywords under the main short tail keyword.

For SEM - the adwords tool itself will give an estimate. You can also use SEMRush/Ahrefs to give a decent idea on the overall CPC.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Hi Callum thanks for your answer, I hoping Drop.com.au would let us know where they get their numbers from :)

Callum, do you find your search numbers match those published on Drop and Netfleet? And are you happy that they are accurate?

Thanks.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
For example in today's drop, Drop.com.au is showing the following:

Backgammon - 73,810
Computer Stores - 73,810

Using Serpstat, which looks like it uses numbers from adwords, I get:

Backgammon - 12,100
Computer Stores - 3,600

Callum

Hi Callum thanks for your answer, I hoping Drop.com.au would let us know where they get their numbers from :)

Callum, do you find your search numbers match those published on Drop and Netfleet? And are you happy that they are accurate?

Thanks.
Hey mate,

They are definitely way off. I get 1600 when searching "computer stores" with Ahrefs, keep in mind that is just for that keyword & no other long tail variants. Perhaps Drop & Netfleet use the Adwords API. Ahrefs uses a third party source for their keyword data which i have found to be far more reliable, their source is Click Stream. Here is a really good article explaining the difference - https://ahrefs.com/blog/keyword-search-volume/

Cheers

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members