What's new

Parking Options - Rook Media

DavidL

Top Contributor
Why is that?

What i meant is that with .com's, the market is so exhausted you would never generate a return by hand registering domains (cos the only available domains would have 0 visitors pa) and any bought ones wouldn't deliver anything like the revenue to justify parking.

With .au you can still find gems that will pay for themselves plus give a chance of a sale. And they will appreciate (unlike .coms) so if you can hang on to them for no income in the interim and still do OK

thrown

How many visitors are you guys seeing before they pay for themselves? I've got some that have 50 to 100 visitors a month and earn bugger all. I've just parked with Sedo.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Well i think if you can aim for around $50 rpm (revenue per 1,000 visitors) through parking on average that's pretty good. So in your case those 100 visitors a month should deliver $5 a month each. Sounds like chicken feed but when the holding cost is less than $1 per month it's a 500% return pa!! Multiply by 1,000 and it starts to look interesting.

Snoopy would you say that $50 rpm is typical?

Oh and move them to rookmedia too. Compared with Sedo Im getting double

thrown

Thanks David.

I'm only getting about $10 RPM's on sedo at the moment. Barely worth it. I'll try rook media.

I don't usually park much, just put it there after I register a domain, it's good to see how much traffic a domain gets, helps prioritise which domains to develop out first.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member