1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Parking Options - Rook Media

Discussion in 'PPC Advertising' started by DavidL, Jun 20, 2011.

1. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Mine are all com.au's - can't make money parking com's I would have thought in this day and age??

2. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

Why is that?

3. DavidL

auDA Member:
    Yes
    What i meant is that with .com's, the market is so exhausted you would never generate a return by hand registering domains (cos the only available domains would have 0 visitors pa) and any bought ones wouldn't deliver anything like the revenue to justify parking.

With .au you can still find gems that will pay for themselves plus give a chance of a sale. And they will appreciate (unlike .coms) so if you can hang on to them for no income in the interim and still do OK

4. thrown

thrown Membership: Community

How many visitors are you guys seeing before they pay for themselves? I've got some that have 50 to 100 visitors a month and earn bugger all. I've just parked with Sedo.

5. DavidL

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Well i think if you can aim for around $50 rpm (revenue per 1,000 visitors) through parking on average that's pretty good. So in your case those 100 visitors a month should deliver $5 a month each. Sounds like chicken feed but when the holding cost is less than $1 per month it's a 500% return pa!! Multiply by 1,000 and it starts to look interesting.

Snoopy would you say that $50 rpm is typical?

Oh and move them to rookmedia too. Compared with Sedo Im getting double

6. thrown

thrown Membership: Community

Thanks David.

I'm only getting about $10 RPM's on sedo at the moment. Barely worth it. I'll try rook media.

I don't usually park much, just put it there after I register a domain, it's good to see how much traffic a domain gets, helps prioritise which domains to develop out first.

7. DavidL

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Yep very true