What's new

Opinions please - single word .au domains

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
i once got a $12 for businessadvice/com/au , and now just the odd click , but i dont think you can consider aussie names as good parkers, i had some names at whypark but no clicks , so i went back to sedo , musicforum/com/au gets views but no clicks

Last edited:

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Well I hope you're wrong about the Whypark thing, I have a bunch of domains with em. I don't make any money (but a couple of bucks a month), but I figure it's better having something up than nothing.

Now I'm starting to wonder.

paz

It is highly unlikely google will put a penalty on your domain for using WhyPark. It won't rank well due to its duplicate content, but as soon as you put some original content up it will treated as any other domain - not a penalised one.

For example I believe Ned had HotModels.com.au with WhyPark, and it did not rank for the term hot models, and after only a few days of having a minisite on the domain it now ranks number 1.

Many people believe duplicate content penalty is a myth - Myself and Soj included!

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Many people believe duplicate content penalty is a myth - Myself and Soj included!

Same here..

Clearly, Google does not penalize trusted sites for having duplicate content. In almost all cases, your Penalty in Google is NOT because you have duplicate content. 99.9% of the time, the problem is somewhere else.

The way that duplicate content can hurt you would be if you have multiple copies of the same story on your website. You will not get a “penalty” from Google but you will dilute both your internal link juice and could potentially split any natural inbound links (and therefore ranking power) among all the copies of the page. This type of dilution could take an item that would have ranked and banish it to obscurity.

The same applies for spam sites. Unless your site is screaming “I AM A SPAM SITE”, the duplicate content penalty is not gonna hit. And since you would have gotten hit anyway by that human reviewer that just marked your site (and Network, if you weren’t careful) as spam, we can safely say that there is no official Duplicate Content Penalty at Google.

Timmy

Banned
Webmaster tools sorts it all out regardless, I have never been penalised.

Once I go from parked->content, I simply add the domain in webmaster tools and optimise.

The crawler generally visits within 24 hours, and every day then for about a week.

Cheers.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I have had problems with WhyPark.... have a bunch of sites there with unique content, plenty of links and PR that hardly rank. :(

It does kind of make sense for Google to penalise sits like these (even though it sucks for us).

Google know that really only domainers and web marketers use WhyPark. They are likely to be less knowledgable about the subject matter (of each individual site) than a non-techie who makes the effort to maintain a perhaps very crude blog for example.

They wouldn't necessarily just de-index a WhyPark site of course. But they might slightly weight against ranking for this reason

I think the best solution in this area is to look at blogs. After all, all sorts of people use blogger, wordpress etc so G would never throw a blanket mild penalty across all these sites.

aHugeList

I think the best solution in this area is to look at blogs. After all, all sorts of people use blogger, wordpress etc so G would never throw a blanket mild penalty across all these sites.

I have just started putting wp blogs up on some neglected domains and I have found google is indexing them fast.
I have been starting them off with articles and youtube vids until I have a few hundred posts and then adding affiliate content. So far the pages are getting listed (and getting hits :) ) even though the syndicated content is not unique so I think you might be right there Netfleet. Time will tell.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member