What's new

Opinions please - single word .au domains

aHugeList

Being new to .au domains I have a few single word domain names that I'd be interested in your opinions on. I would like to hear your appraisals as well as suggestions for development and any comments if you have any?
None are developed at the moment.

.com.au names
reported.com.au

.net.au names
horror.net.au
wanted.net.au
earnings.net.au
rated.net.au

Looking forward to your replies :)

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
reported is not the best in my view....and .net.au are just the second best already as extension so unless you have terrific names I won`t bother so all together it`s not good news, sorry.

I don`t see reseller value on those names.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I'm normally not a big fan of 'past tense' domains but I do like reported.com.au

Why don't you stick with a domaining theme and create a simple site with all reported .au sales?

horror.net.au is a nice one too

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
wanted is an ok name in my view , there have been a few good ,net.au sales , so hang in there or develop is the other option , WANTED .....what do you want ?? could be a good finders site and reported is the pick of the bunch

Shaun

Top Contributor
I also think Reported is the pick of the bunch. Possibly worth $800.

.net.au's are ok, these work best when the .com.au is not developed.

SM

aHugeList

Hi everyone,
Thanks so much for your opinions :)
I intend to develop most of the above and some keyword adult .com.au's in the new year and see what I can get happening in the way of traffic .... as soon as I get some free time anyway.

Has anyone had much luck in parking .au names?
I have always had better luck with developing and sticking up advertisements (a little adsense but mostly affiliate) with my .com's

Also - is discussing Adult names ok on the forum? ... or is there a particular board I need to stick to with that (don't want to start out breaking the rules!)

I hope everyone is off to a good start for 2010 :)

marketingweb

Top Contributor
Hi aHugeLIst,

I'm a newbie here too so don't take this as gospel, but I think discussing adult domain names would be fine, although probably outside the expertise of most. Unlike yourself most here are guys (ie less likely to be offended), and i've heard Soj the owner of the board mention one of his domains sluttylingerie.net, although he did get a bit of a ribbing for it!

Matt

soj

Founder
Haha, just a note marketingweb, the domain was satinlingerie.org :p

maybe i should make a hidden section only for members for discussion of adult names.

paz

I'm pretty sure everyone here is 18+

As a courtesy though I would place an [Adult] tag in the title of threads that discuss adult domains for those who wish to avoid the topic.

marketingweb

Top Contributor
Soj you obviously have so many lingerie domains you forget what they are!!!! :)

And I quote::

Code:
I've got some domains im letting expire, so instead of letting them go to the 
sharks, I thought id offer them to the members of DNTrade before they expire.

f355.org
lacelingerie.org
lowerbacktattoo.org
lp640.org
mapsofafrica.org
mapsofcanada.org
mapsofitaly.net
mapsofmexico.net
[B]sluttylingerie.net[/B]
tattoodrawings.net

soj

Founder
haha, well it seems i did own it, your right too many domains to remember, thanks for that marketingweb i stand corrected

aHugeList

Haha, just a note marketingweb, the domain was satinlingerie.org :p
maybe i should make a hidden section only for members for discussion of adult names.

I'd love an adult space please - at least half my names are naughty ones :p

Soj you aren't the only one who can't keep track - doesn't matter how many lists I keep I'm always finding "forgotten and unloved" domains - usually sitting there untouched for a year and needing renewing :(
Its my new years resolution (AGAIN) for 2010 to get more organised

Id like to ask again - has anyone had much luck in parking .au names?

Rhythm

Top Contributor
Id like to ask again - has anyone had much luck in parking .au names?

Define luck? I'm new to parking. Adsense wasn't easy to use, so I decided to checkout whypark.

This is 2 weeks data from one of my sites on WhyPark:

Visitors..Page Views.......Searches..........Clicks....RPC...... CTR......Revenue

40........159..................45...................12........$0.10....30%.....$1.18

Anyone know if this is good/bad/ugly? It's for a travel related 2 word .net.au

Last edited:

DavidL

Top Contributor
Define luck? I'm new to parking. Adsense wasn't easy to use, so I decided to checkout whypark.

This is 2 weeks data from one of my sites on WhyPark:

Visitors..Page Views.......Searches..........Clicks....RPC...... CTR......Revenue

40........159..................45...................12........$0.10....30%.....$1.18

Anyone know if this is good/bad/ugly? It's for a travel related 2 word .net.au

It's a great CTR. my whyparks struggle to hit 3-5%.
Is this using Whypark monetising? If so switch to adsense & you'll get much better PPC

djuqa

Top Contributor
My thought on parking .au names
Is Why Park? When you can develop a minisite with directed content /ads simply
$1.18 is miserable income for 12 clicks , I get more than that per click on a couple travel/tourism sites from adsense or Aff. ads

Exactly what was the difficulty with using adsense?

Last edited:

aHugeList

I have heard back things about whypark and duplicate content, getting deindexed etc. Perhaps things have improved since I looked into them a while back?

Does any one else have success with parking .au domains?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo