What's new

opinions, netvirtue.com.au

nt81

Top Contributor
Hi Tim,

Personal experience - We moved all of our VPS's to them last year, They constantly have gone above and beyond for us and I doubt that anywhere else could/would have given the level of service we have received so far from Netvirtue

Support wise, quite good response times - No complaints here.

These guys are going places! A big tick from me.

findtim

Top Contributor
I've finally had time to make a decision adn i have chosen to move ALL my hosting over to netvirtue, they run whm and cpanel as well as whmcs( which i am yet to use in the past )
there are some minor differences to my current whm/cpanel way of doing things but i am slowly finding the right way to do stuff.
the service in helping me setup, move, ask stupid questions and helpful hints has been nothing less the exceptional, the staff are friendly helpful and full of additional information that relates to my question/ticket that i am bit have considered.
hopefully this will all continue till i finish the migration which they are doing for me.
also with the AUD is so poor right now against the USD moving to AUD will save me money as well as the GST.
i'll keep you posted.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
well have the hosting setup but so far i have only moved 2 domains to their service, 1 stuffed up badly and it was daysss before we fixed it but netvirtue persisted and persisted to find the reason, in the end ( as always) it was a minor path issue that i found, so minor only i could have seen it even though i thought i had checked it 3 times, i really wouldn't expect netvirtue to see it amongst all the code.
it was a connecton to the database so we will be more careful next time.
although they backup daily i still like to have my own via backupbuddy, i have tried many times and it fails, apparently it isn't quite compatible with their system and BB reverts to slow mode so more chance of errors which has been happening, NV made changes for me and it helped a little so i'm going to have to keep investigating what to do as its unrealiable at this moment which does bug me bigggg time.
at the moment i am using a "workaround" and as i have to keep a few sites on hostgator for client reasons i will have space to work with on gator.

i'll start to move everything now, slowly and checking at first and see what happens but i am now commited and for the sake of just BB its worth the move.
NV's serve has actually suprised me how good it is, thats a shame i feel that way as its based on comparing experiences with other australian hosts in the past as i have only ever been 95% with gator and 5% with australians

keep you posted

tim

helloworld

Top Contributor
If you end up installing whmcs make sure you do it on a sub domain and do the https first. Will save you some time down the track

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks, i "claimed" WHMCS as its free with my package, yesterday but they couldn't get it working so started a ticket, i haven't heard back so i'll follow it up.
i also haven't used it before so i'm not sure yet how far i'll dip my toes in ?
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
love automation, i spend A LOT of time developing systems.
EVERY job i have ever done has been systems based, creating or learning.
funny how many times i've heard staff say " but we have always done it that way...."
Sacred cows make the best burgers is a GREAT book, easy to read short stories.
even today i was on the phone to someone and they said " but they have never done that job before" , and i had to say "once upon a time neither had you "
tim

helloworld

Top Contributor
Man tell me about it. One of my first jobs was working for NAB as a project officer rolling out their new CRM. Part of that was visiting branches to train staff in this system that was replacing a system they'd used since computers were invented...man that was challenging from the older bankers

Shane

Top Contributor
Man tell me about it. One of my first jobs was working for NAB as a project officer rolling out their new CRM. Part of that was visiting branches to train staff in this system that was replacing a system they'd used since computers were invented...man that was challenging from the older bankers
I worked for the NAB back in the late 90s and remember their online systems pretty well. Man they were bad! The computers we used for processing were these old all-in-one things with green monochrome monitors! :eek:

findtim

Top Contributor
seeing bad systems annoy the hell out of me, as i work from home i wal a few times a day just to get off the computer, generally down to coles to get something for dinner, the assist manager and i are on first name basis as i am constantly telling him things a wrong LOL.
i mean dig this, at the checkout is this weeks specials brochure but none at the entrance !!!!!!!!!!!!! why do i want to see what i might have missed out on when i am leaving the shop??????
at the entrance they have 2 x 2 BIG bins fro fruit special, currently, oranges, manadrins, bananas, loose tomatoes but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bags to put them in??? you have to walk past to get to a bag to brng it back to get your specials?? i mentioned this to the girl at the man checkout service desk and her rely was " here's a feedback for and you'll earn flybuys for filling it out !!!!

they just LOVE me, alex i thnk RUNS when he sees me coming LOL, over the PA is "alex code 49 aisle 6 " LOL

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
i've now been with them 1 month and only committed 4 domains to them !
1 at a time, each one has had a problem being moved, each one a different problem and a different learning curve for me and the guys at netvirtue.
somedays i just feel lke giving up and they feel like they wish i would ! LOL buteach time we get it done.
i've got 1 more test to do today and see how that goes, its compatibility with the backupbuddy plugin, with netvirtue its not needed as they backup so well but for me i prefer it to a full cpanel migration so i REALLY need it working 100% which now after some server changes and my brains system changes it should.

all in all ONCE again the service of netvirtue has been beyond belief, and i should be happy to move everything this week because at the moment i am paying them + hostgator
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
3 months now and still having backupbuddy problems, each time we find the issue another one pops up !!!!
but the guys keep at it to find out why "apparantly" just MY account has issues?
will fix number 27055 and it all runs smoothly, here's fingers crossed.
i have to say they have put in a lot of effort to fix it, i think they have learnt a lot along the way as well.

basically fabulous service and although its held me back i am very happy with my decision to move to them.

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
I've been using UpdraftPlus and find it great. Had to restore a site and all went smooth with it. Free version only.

findtim

Top Contributor
ersonal experience - We moved all of our VPS's to them last year, They constantly have gone above and beyond for us and I doubt that anywhere else could/would have given the level of service we have received so far from Netvirtue
i know this thread is last years so this is my "netvirtue, 12 months on"

they have over and over again provided amazing support, in the early days i must say i had mountains of issues which they solved and now i hardly contact them as everything is running smoothly, the only time i contact them is when i try something new and they sort it out straight away, LOL i think they are improving by me discovering setting problems?
but the bottom line i am 100% happy

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
With this one I tried them for about one month, after a few weeks I got a strange database error (database not found) that corrected itself 2 hours later. Then a week after that the same error came back and it stayed that way for a week. I was only testing with this site so it wasn't important enough to warrant looking at in much detail.

Support had no explanation as to why the error had suddenly come about so I just jumped ship to another new host.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo