What's new

Ned resigns from auDA

DomainNames

Top Contributor
well your post should also be in friday funnies for the gunshots comments ! are you sure it was just 5?
selection criteria: i have now said ignore it, anyone can apply
recruitment committee: just me and nic.......i wish........ but no, supply will have a say, but i promise to be a bulldog as they ARE DEMAND class positions, and i am sure nicole will be right beside me.
churn: look, a very good point, valid, but we do have at least 5 board meetings before the agm, with a pending gov review coming out so honestly if i wasn't a director i'd jump at the chance to be on the board !

we are in a state of flux and change, what that is is STILL yet to be decided, and honestly i need to repeat this so you all get it , as cameron has done, it is still yet to be decided.

presently we are going through the rtp, the prp are still meeting and there is more on that front yet to happen, and the elephant in the room is direct reg, so why wouldn't you want to put your industry experience to good use and be on the board to help make these decisions?

--------------

at my local small shopping center there is a woolworths and a dan murphys, chemist, central cafe, butcher, brumbies, $2 shop and a deli......thats it
woolworths own dan murphy's, $2 shop closes down, now its a BWS also owned by woolworths, WHY, so liquorland(coles) couldn't take up the lease. simple math

--------------
in closing, "selection criteria" .......... yep, interesting isn't it

tim

There is an issue with documenting such a criteria then saying it is a wish list and the person who meets it would most likely be on $700,000 a year.

Now saying " selection criteria: i have now said ignore it, anyone can apply" is also an issue.

The fact is there are a few who would meet that criteria but why would they now want to be on the auDA Board?
What is auDA offering them to risk their own time, effort and reputation?
Will they be valued, listened to for their experience or will they like so many others be ignored until the next AGM and voting again?

Is this the same criteria now for Supply Class Directors? How many of them meet it currently or could in the future?

• I hope the Government takes it all over and sooner rather than later.Plus they have proper oversight, ombudsman, responsibilities via senate hearings etc
  • It is not working, the membership structures do not work.
  • The Board model obviously does not work
  • I do not see progress.
  • I see continued chaos and putting out fires without really fixing issues or bad policy and bad red tape which still exists.
  • I attach again the Grumpy Platform so many voted for.... What has changed and improved since?
  • I see continued lack of accountability and transparency.
  • I see wasted $millions on expenses which are largely caused by bad management and bad Board decisions and expenses which could have been avoided. $Millions on "consultants" Seriously?
  • I see the continued failure to pass on the lower wholesale pricing which was promised 10 years ago "as domain numbers increased". A requirement actually in the Government letter of endorsement to auDA which has now turned up few knew existed was written fact.... I'm not even sure any current Directors or auDA staff read this or understand the importance of it. Well the DoCA also has been reviewing those letters of endorsement and if auDA has been meeting it's obligations or not...It is pretty obvious auDA has not been meeting it at all and the last few years of turmoil has escalated issues significantly but not yet at the levels it may go to.

Attachments

• Our-Platform-I-grumpy_-http___webcache.googleusercontent.com_search(2).pdf
    978.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Jimboot

Top Contributor
Hi everyone - I have written a post on Domainer explaining my situation.

I apologise to anyone who may feel let down by my resignation, but without trying to sound too melodramatic, I'd rather live to fight another day.

Just know that I love the .au space. No one can deny my commitment over many years.

Ned
Thanks for everything Ned. You and family come first. Go fishing :)

DomainNames

Top Contributor
We can now see the type of stuff that was going on,

View attachment 829
How is it appropriate for the "chairman's report" to be a discussion about an elected directors "background"?

https://www.auda.org.au/assets/Board/2018/auDA-Board-Meeting-Minutes-redacted-13022018.pdf

I wonder if we will see Ned's Confidential personal Health Records leaked next to the media to infer somehow his health was not good enough for the elected auDA Board position?

Is next on the auDA Board requirements a full health test and auDA to have unconditional access to all the candidates / Director's confidential medical records? Don't laugh..

snoopy

Top Contributor
I wonder if we will see Ned's Confidential personal Health Records leaked next to the media to infer somehow his health was not good enough for the elected auDA Board position?

Is next on the auDA Board requirements a full health test and auDA to have unconditional access to all the candidates / Director's confidential medical records? Don't laugh..

Pretty clear that nothing is actually "confidential" at auDA these days after PPB. The lack of investigation is probably a license to leak.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member