What's new

Ned resigns from auDA

Shane

Top Contributor
It's a great shame, but as mentioned, of course health and family comes first.

Thanks for your huge contribution Ned. We don't get to hear much about the auDA side, but no doubt you did your best for members.

So who is putting their hand up this time? I've applied and been knocked back twice now. Third time lucky...? :p

ttfan

Top Contributor
Perhaps we should wait to hear from Ned, to find out what his reasons were for resigning...Announcements from auda are not usually very revealing.:)

snoopy

Top Contributor
So who is putting their hand up this time? I've applied and been knocked back twice now. Third time lucky...? :p

I get the feeling the main criteria is whether the person is in favor of direct registrations.

auDA dragged their feet on the the prior appointment and now it is at the point where the majority of auDA members are represented by 2 out of 9 directors whilst a small number of supply members almost have a majority of their own.

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
you would have all received a nominations email as well as neds announcement.
i will not speak for ned.
as for new directors please read the criteria as a "wish list" , the most suitable candidate is probably on 700K + and wouldn't want a board position so don't let that criteria stop you from putting your hand up.
audas future is changing because of the government review and that's just common knowledge , i also think at the end of the day there will still be directors.
if you have some of the skill set and want to put some effort in then nominate, myself and nicole are on the recruitment committee so everyone will be given equal time.
i personally are looking to fast track this process as i agree ians appointment was far to long as well as simon being replaced and we have all worked hard to push this point.
this is why we are all working towards constitutional change, and hindsight on the "founders" constitution is always critical as it is what it is. the fact that presently the vote to replace a demand/supply director will almost always be controlled by the other class because of the numbers is a worry, my vision for a new constitution is how i have always stated it to be and that is one in which we accept totally that we need each other, checks and balances, for one class to have power is wrong and although as a board we drop our classes it never leaves and anyone that says it does i believe lies, its the old clampetts and mccoys beverley hillbilly theory
so, there is a lot of work to be done, .com.au isn't going away and if you want to add you 2 cents then nominate.
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
............isn't a demand class member
well you don't have to be a member to be a director, but i can assure you that i will do my best to appoint the best person for the job, ohhhhhhhhhh , opppss......... did i just slip into politician mode?
the reality is if no one nominates what do you want me to do?
tim

PaulS

There is a lot to unpack in your post Tim, but I'll start with my most reflexive reactions.
  • Agreed that it is hard to set rules far in advance of future developments. See: U.S. Constitution, Amendment II
  • Ned was well and willing to act as Director only 4 months ago. Unexpected things happen, but I am worried for his recovery from 5 self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the back.
  • https://www.auda.org.au/about-auda/our-org/constitution/ Where are auDA's new "Selection Criteria" reflected?
  • Tim, is it just you and Nicole on the "recruitment committee"? Will Supply to have a say?
  • Seriously, who would be next to raise their hand given the current rate of churn and uncertainty regarding the Govt review?

snoopy

Top Contributor
When did Ned make his announcement?

The Selection Criteria - https://auda.org.au/about-auda/careers-auda/demand-class-directors

All those demand class members that are interested and have just mailed off their Victorian liberal membership applications can sit down.

The smart money is on someone who isn't a demand class member.

What a pack of scumbags.

It doesn’t even mention demand class experience. Demand class needs genuine representation, not that nonsense!

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi everyone - I have written a post on Domainer explaining my situation.

I apologise to anyone who may feel let down by my resignation, but without trying to sound too melodramatic, I'd rather live to fight another day.

Just know that I love the .au space. No one can deny my commitment over many years.

Ned

findtim

Top Contributor
That's your problem Tim.
i can see that could be the perception, and you are not the first to state that to me, but its not the truth, in fact far from the truth and the reality is i am not on the board to win friends either on the board or off the board, i am on the board to help make sure the correct decisions for the entire domain community (especially those that don't even know they are part of one) are being made and to date i feel i have done that.

there are presently 2 vacancies so please feel free to apply.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Rewrite the selection criteria?
with all due respect snoopy, i thought i explained it, ............ignore the criteria, if you think you have a skills base that adds value to the board then apply.
we of course have to detail a wishlist, thats all it is, every application has to come to ME, so i give you my promise that every application will be considered.
these are industry board type positions so ground roots knowledge is valuable.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
There is a lot to unpack in your post Tim,
well your post should also be in friday funnies for the gunshots comments ! are you sure it was just 5?
selection criteria: i have now said ignore it, anyone can apply
recruitment committee: just me and nic.......i wish........ but no, supply will have a say, but i promise to be a bulldog as they ARE DEMAND class positions, and i am sure nicole will be right beside me.
churn: look, a very good point, valid, but we do have at least 5 board meetings before the agm, with a pending gov review coming out so honestly if i wasn't a director i'd jump at the chance to be on the board !

we are in a state of flux and change, what that is is STILL yet to be decided, and honestly i need to repeat this so you all get it , as cameron has done, it is still yet to be decided.

presently we are going through the rtp, the prp are still meeting and there is more on that front yet to happen, and the elephant in the room is direct reg, so why wouldn't you want to put your industry experience to good use and be on the board to help make these decisions?

--------------

at my local small shopping center there is a woolworths and a dan murphys, chemist, central cafe, butcher, brumbies, $2 shop and a deli......thats it
woolworths own dan murphy's, $2 shop closes down, now its a BWS also owned by woolworths, WHY, so liquorland(coles) couldn't take up the lease. simple math

--------------
in closing, "selection criteria" .......... yep, interesting isn't it

tim

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
The fact that you have had a selection criteria for a demand class position foisted on you by the other classes means you have lost round 1.

You haven't even put your gloves on yet.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member