What's new

My site is getting constantly hacked. Any Idea's

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
I wouldn't bother with that, a simple intval() or preg_replace() on the variables will stop the problem from happening at all, it's only a really quick fix, too.

If only I'd read those 3 PHP books I bought myself last Xmas I'd understand what you just said :confused:

Incidentally FYI if you ever wanted one of the Sitepoint books go here http://sale.sitepoint.com/ subscribe and then wait till the final offer on the 24th.

geodomains

Top Contributor
FYI

http://www.moretonisland.com.au/news.php is still showing a hacked page. Not sure it is is not yet unhacked, or if it has been hacked again.

Yes ant it was hacked again last night, this guy has too much time on his hands, loves to waste my time.

I've now updated all new passwords including admin as this was not done yesterday. I'd love to get my hands on this low life.

Don

ant

Quick checklist of passwords to change after a server gets hacked.
These must all be changed at the same time... if you forgot one of them then go and change ALL of them again.
root user password.
any user with sudo permission.
the database user password.
passwords for users referenced in .htaccess files.
all the users in the mysql database.

Blocking SQL injection is good solution for the future, but once the horse has bolted make sure you close the door too.

geodomains

Top Contributor
Quick checklist of passwords to change after a server gets hacked.
These must all be changed at the same time... if you forgot one of them then go and change ALL of them again.
root user password.
any user with sudo permission.
the database user password.
passwords for users referenced in .htaccess files.
all the users in the mysql database.

Blocking SQL injection is good solution for the future, but once the horse has bolted make sure you close the door too.

Yes mate these are all done now at the same time.

Cheers
Don

geodomains

Top Contributor
First morning I've seen my site back to normal, they tried again last night for hours and had no success, so hopeful this will be the end of it. :D

Don

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hacking becoming a greater and greater problem isn't it?

Google are now warning about hacked sites (they have done with malware warnings for a while)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member