1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Monitoring .com.au for potential expire/drop

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by snoopy, Sep 12, 2012.

1. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Well I didn't take copies of your website at the time so I don't have any evidence, sorry. The fact you haven't denied it speaks volumes though.

I only tried to answer an unanswered question in this thread from another member as accurately as I could. It wasn't childish at all.

If I wanted to be childish, I'd resurrect this thread: http://www.dntrade.com.au/black-market-domain-name-trade-t5011.html

2. Ashman

Ashman Membership: Trader

This post speaks volumes of your character David, well done you win. Great job.

3. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    All. But I wouldn't say my data is complete.

4. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    my logic would say if something has been caught there is little chance its going to come back on the market, either its been bought by a domainer or picked up by the original owner who has now learnt their lesson for letting it drop.

at a guess johno69 what % would you say caught domains come back to drop in just 2 years? just a guess

tim

5. johno69

auDA Member:
    Yes
    No idea at all.. But you then have a record ofthe expiry cycle. be it 2 years, 8 years etc..

Unless things change, this will be useful one day.

I think the drop houses would have a very comprehensive list though already.

6. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Well according to the bottom of this - http://www.netfleet.com.au/domain-sales-graphs it refers to 226 repeat drop sales since 2009. So that's 226 out of....hmmm

Maybe since start 2009, that means 18 months worth of domains are over 2 years old (ie could have possibly dropped)

Say 30 domains/day are caught. In 18 months that's 16,000 names. So we're looking at 1.4% of caught domains are likely to drop again? Is that roughtly right? Maybe Anthony can help us with the numbers?

7. Ash

Ash Membership: Trader

is it safe to assume if a domain has a modified date of 13 sept 2010 and is with drop that it will be dropping soon? if so, what would be the time frame?

8. johno69

auDA Member:
    Yes
    No.

9. Ash

Ash Membership: Trader

Thanks