What's new

Mobile phone websites

Ashman

Top Contributor
Having a "mobile" website seems a bit redundant now that you can develop a HTML5 website that responds to the device its being viewed on, so the layout will adjust for mobile device and tablets. I used HTML5 with my latest project and it works great.

findtim

Top Contributor
responsive design, mobilebuddy came with my dev pack i bought, i see now studiopress is converting all their themes to responsive so all got to change.

imagine ! almost every single website needs to be upgraded ! yippeeeee

a website has gone the way of the toaster, you just throw them away and get a new one..... yippeeee

tim

Ash

Top Contributor
Having a "mobile" website seems a bit redundant now that you can develop a HTML5 website that responds to the device its being viewed on, so the layout will adjust for mobile device and tablets. I used HTML5 with my latest project and it works great.

That's a good point, and one I have considered.

I mostly use wordpress themes with responsiveness but I'm now trying to determine whether this would be useful for non-wordpress sites that don't have mobile responsiveness 'baked in'.

findtim

Top Contributor
That's a good point, and one I have considered.

I mostly use wordpress themes with responsiveness but I'm now trying to determine whether this would be useful for non-wordpress sites that don't have mobile responsiveness 'baked in'.

my suggestion is convert as many as possible to wordpress, i recently took 8 clients from old handcoded php to wordpress AND charged them for it none of them blinked an eye.

as i have said in other posts " you sweep the floor and clean the windows" thats what you have to do with websites, when i'm selling a website dev i usually give them an expiry date for it eg " i think this will last you 3-4 years" this way when you come back to them they know you said that.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members