What's new

Members Are Grumpy auDA!

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Now I hope people can see why I do cut and paste important out of documents. .. maybe why Tim and others push to have just document urls put up which no one reads?

Chances are most people will not read that Decision document and would have missed the fact it was NOT auDA which decided to release the information.. They had no choice... They where told by Department of Communications not only in the Decision but perhaps point blank over the phone ( and email?) to do it.

auDA tried to make it hard. The Government seemingly was not provided information by auDA it was the information the Government themselves had downloaded... thus the problem remains.. auDA now still refusing to provide detail moving forward... Stubborn, ill advised.,,Covering up something in the agenda, minutes and resolutions.. Yet bet it seems!

Maybe the next FOI is for a copy of ALL communications between auDA and the Government relating to Josh Rowe's various FOI's and auDA's submissions.

Great job Ned at Domainer.com.au for his journalistic media work also. He called Bulls&#t and was proven right yet again.
http://www.domainer.com.au/tell-members-the-truth-auda/

Thank you to this decision maker. I dare say they will be getting involved for the upcoming FOI'S again.

"Legal Director
Office of the General Counsel
Position Number 112404
Australian Government
Department of Communications and the Arts"

auDA's groundless submissions and attitude obviously has been Red Flagged now by the Government Lawyers.... The line up of people is growing

DomainNames

Top Contributor
auDA NEWSLETTER 7 JULY 2017.
"auDA clarifies why it deems three of four resolutions invalid, proposed by Members

7 July 2017

Dear Members,

We have this morning written to members Ned O'Meara, Ian Halson, Scott Long and Josh Rowe who initiated the Request for a Special General Meeting (SGM) under section 249D of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).

We have advised them the reasons auDA deem three of the four resolutions, as submitted, invalid.

We wish to share this letter with all members including those who have signed the petition to support the request for the SGM.

auDA is ready to issue a notice for the SGM in relation to the fourth resolution, as the only valid resolution proposed in the Members' Request.

If, as requested on 6 July by Messrs O'Meara, Halson, Long and Rowe, they wish to withdraw the request for a SGM, auDA is required to receive a minimum of 11 other member withdrawal notices before it is freed from the obligation to call a SGM under section 249D. To achieve this withdrawal, we have advised Messrs O'Meara, Halson, Long and Rowe they are required to submit a signed withdrawal confirmation that includes each individual's signature before 3.00 pm, Friday 7 July 2017.

We will ensure all members are kept updated on this matter, equally.
Sincerely,
Cameron Boardman"​

DomainNames

Top Contributor
don't put words into my mouth, please feel free to post the relevant items you want to discuss, god knows many of us live for the day when you JUST post what is relevant.

tim

See you at the Special Meeting. Apologies in advance for not giving you a lift in my car after it next time :)

Many of us want to see a NEW auDA Board completely... my guess is this is only a matter of time. The disdain & insults to Supply and Demand members and Ned are disgraceful from auDA and the "unanimous" voting of Board so it appears.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
GO FOR IT NED AND MEMBERS!
This is starting to make some world industry news as well as corporate news....
I wonder if the Dept of Communications will come to the meeting... might be an eye opener for them :)

Maybe Ned should go for next auDA Board Chair or the next auDA CEO role? He has the experience and support of many in BOTH Supply and Demand, auDA ex staff and some current staff.. etc

http://www.domainer.com.au/bring-it-on-auda/

neddy

Top Contributor
@findtim - many of us on here dislike the way @DomainNames makes his posts. He pisses me off more often than not! But that's his style. People can choose to ignore him if they want to. I seem to remember you've been equally "chastised" in the past for your garbled torture of the English language - and your long winded stories! ;)

But one thing @DomainNames can never be accused of is accepting the current lack of accountability, transparency and communication from auDA. Good on him for jumping up and down and having a say. He has also revealed some nuggets of information along the way that others (like me) have never picked up.

@DomainNames has "skin in the game" (and lots of it), so he's entitled to question auDA and our elected representatives (including you) - imho. What pisses everyone off is that no one (including you) is prepared or allowed to answer. It's frustrating - particularly that Directors are there to ultimately represent members.

Let me leave you with one thought - if auDA was totally transparent about everything that they are doing (and are planning to do), do you think there would be even 5% of the posts on here and Domainer?

findtim

Top Contributor
What pisses everyone off is that no one (including you) is prepared or allowed to answer. It's frustrating - particularly that Directors are there to ultimately represent members.
well that will be a great question for the SGM.
tim

DomainNames

Top Contributor
tim

Are questions allowed from members at the SGM?
Who will deem them valid or invalid?
Is the meeting run by the auDA CEO or the auDA Board Chair or who? This seems to raise some issues about the formality of the meeting.

Perhaps when the SGM is called auDA outlines clearly the agenda and if members may raise questions or other resolutions for voting from the floor?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...ve&q=sgm+resolution+from+the+floor+australia+

Attachments

• Calling_and_holding_meetings_SA(1).pdf
    442.5 KB · Views: 1

Scott.L

Top Contributor
tim

Are questions allowed from members at the SGM?
Who will deem them valid or invalid?
Is the meeting run by the auDA CEO or the auDA Board Chair or who? This seems to raise some issues about the formality of the meeting.

Perhaps when the SGM is called auDA outlines clearly the agenda and if members may raise questions or other resolutions for voting from the floor?

The order of the business will not permit enquiry beyond the scope of the meeting. We are there with one sole purpose, to vote on resolution 4 nothing else. The AGM is the place to raise those questions and enquiries.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Good Governance for Healthy Associations Checklist
"After each meeting, are the minutes printed and copies sent to all the Committee members"
"Members should have a chance to read the minutes - particularly if they couldn’t attend so they know what happened."

Attachments

• GoodGovernanceChecklist.pdf
    91 KB · Views: 0

DomainNames

Top Contributor
http://asic.gov.au/for-business/changes-to-your-company/company-resolutions/
"Special resolutions
Special resolutions are needed for certain changes as defined in the Corporations Act. Decisions like changing a company's name, winding up the company, or changing the company's type will require a special resolution."

With the new auDA "auHQ" information coming to light via "Lemon"'s posts here on dntrade this clearly requires information to be provided to all members and special resolutions proposed for a member vote...but instead auDA and the auDA Board are acting in complete stealth mode with zero information to members.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member