Mark

Top Contributor
Huge domain, huge industry, dropping tomorrow:

Marketing.com.au

Speaks for itself!

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Amazing to think some people grab a ripper on the drops only to see a better one next week !

Unfortunately it's a game i cannot afford to play ....... fun to watch though

techmo

Top Contributor
This is kinda corny, but here it is anyway.

Perhaps the owner of the domain name has dropped that out tantalisingly to start spiking interest, and then he'll start marketing even better domain names after he's made a little something on the first one. :O

Ash

Top Contributor
I think this might backordered on netfleet already... I tried about 6 weeks ago but i think someone beat me to it.

If this one has finally come up for drop there should be another big one in a matter of weeks that I tried to backorder too.

techmo

Top Contributor
I'm studying marketing. If I had that domain....

By the way just, what does backordering on Netfleet mean?

Ash

Top Contributor
@Spacey... Not sure whether it's wise to disclose? Might be noticed?

Last edited:

Ash

Top Contributor
@techmo - if you have an interest in a domain name you can backorder it on netfleet, so when it drops you can potentially get it at a bargain. It's a paid service and if you don't get the domain you get nothing for your money... can be worth the risk though.

I would have loved the marketing name... so would a few others!

Mark

Top Contributor
By the way just, what does backordering on Netfleet mean?

This doc might help explain the process behind expired domains:

http://www.netfleet.com.au/Expired_Domain_Names_and_Domain_Snapper_Auctions.pdf

We offer two ways to attempt to register an expired domain in your name - one is the snapper auctions, detailed in above doc, and the other is to backorder the domain:

http://www.netfleet.com.au/backorder

If you backorder a domain, it is excluded from our snapper auctions. We only allow one person to backorder a domain - first in first served. However with backordering, you run the risk the domain will get renewed. All domains in the snapper auctions will become available at the end of the auction - that is guaranteed.

Note - Marketing.com.au has not been backordered.

Drop.com.au also offer an auction platform, and equally if you are the highest bidder come close of auction, they attempt to register in your name.

Ash

Top Contributor
Note - Marketing.com.au has not been backordered.

Hi Mark, what's the story with me not being able to backorder marketing.com.au when I tried 6 weeks ago?

I vaguely remember a similar post on here some time ago... was it recognised as a premium name and backordering disabled?

Keen to know the answer to this, because I would like to try and backorder the other domain if it's possible.

Cheers. Ash.

Mark

Top Contributor
Thanks for the answers there just and Mark.

Btw Mark, are you and Dave L Netfleet reps?

That's correct.

Hi Mark, what's the story with me not being able to backorder marketing.com.au when I tried 6 weeks ago?

I vaguely remember a similar post on here some time ago... was it recognised as a premium name and backordering disabled?

Keen to know the answer to this, because I would like to try and backorder the other domain if it's possible.

Cheers. Ash.

Could it have been 4 weeks ago? We do have a restriction on backordering domains that are expired (0-31 days from dropping). We also do restrict a collection of the most premium domain names.

Our backorder service was never intended for speculative domaining, but more for the retail market...

the_other_james

@ Mark: So the transparency in which you operate your backorder service is based on whether or not you think it will make you money on Snapper? This is your answer in an unsophisticated way? As a customer, this is a worry to me. Please specify that this section of your terms of your website:

Are there any exclusions?
1) Backorders will not be accepted for domain names that have expired or are in pendingDelete status. For the opportunity to register such domain names, please refer to our daily Domain Snapper Auctions. Further information about various domain statuses can be found under auDA's Domain Renewal, Expiry and Deletion Policy.

the_other_james

With transparency, I think I can amend it to probably include something like this:

Are there any exclusions?
1) Backorders will not be accepted for domain names that have expired or are in pendingDelete status. For the opportunity to register such domain names, please refer to our daily Domain Snapper Auctions. Further information about various domain statuses can be found under auDA's Domain Renewal, Expiry and Deletion Policy. *However, if we believe that a company such as Pacific Octane will come out and bid $1k as an opening bid, we will not allow you to backorder it.

I'm not too happy about this as this is an extreme breach of ethics regarding transparency for general customers.

Regards- FAIL

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members