What's new

Kids.com.au?

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Open discussion with a range of opinions is always welcome on the DNTrade forums. However please remember the forum rules and don't make the discussion personally offensive. Feel free to check the rules again, we don't want name calling here as it spoils the discussions.

findtim

Top Contributor
This is what I would do:

1. Don't Pay the invoice.
2. Let them send to a Collection Agency.
3. When the Collection Agency contact you, explain to them you do not accept the debt and advise them you attempted to settle the dispute under consumer law but were refused. Also state that you will defend the matter if they issue you a summons.
4. If they issue a summons defend the matter.
5. There is no way Netfleet can win.
6. Once you defend the matter and you will win, counter sue Netfleet for costs and take them to the cleaners!

tuanng just be careful of this advice, i know of someone that TOTALLY screwed their credit rating by challenging a $400 ish bill with a large company, the company just went F YOU and put a mark on their credit rating that could not be removed and lasted 5 years :eek:

i certainly hope that NF are not that type of business as it would just be another PR bungle for them and the industry.

shane: luv ya mate, but surely you have to state this is a really bad situation that was highlighted ages ago and no action taken by NF, having JUST read the law THIS WEEK for a client i would hate for NF to take this to legal.

its just a shame that once again NF choose to not shed some light on the subject and what they are implementing to potentially stop this from happening again.

tim

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Why would they want to do anything to stop it happening again?

It's their only chance to get good money for crap domains.

If you are going to spend decent coin on a domain, copy paste the url into your browser. Soon tells you what it is.

Yep, it's definitely worth a quick copy > paste to make sure it's spelt correctly. I do it out of habit now. A trademark search is also worthwhile if you're spending big coin (even on generic terms).

tuanng

nothing to do with me but i advised a client on this the other day
http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/co...epair-replace-refund#replacements-and-refunds

not sure if it has anything to do with auctions though !!

i actually posted the link instead of PM'ing it so NF and others can read it not for domains but for general knowledge, i think it has notihing to do with auctions but someone may find something???

in then END i am sure this issue it will be NOTED along with all the others.

next step will be that anyone that speaks out about there business techniques will be bared from bidding, thus nobody does speak out.

HEY... its a game and we currently have 1 referee ! and referee's call the shots or send you off the field !!!

bugger

tim
I question whether netfleet's system is actually an "auction" - since they are not disclosing any other figures, you are basically offering to buy an item and acceptance is at their discretion for all we know.

findtim

Top Contributor
I question whether netfleet's system is actually an "auction" - since they are not disclosing any other figures, you are basically offering to buy an item and acceptance is at their discretion for all we know.

technically it is still an auction, there are just MANY forms of auctions.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members