What's new

Kids.com.au?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Am I missing something?

Why did kids.com.au go up for auction on NetFleet's snapper system and not on Drop.com.au?

Joel

Top Contributor
Ha! I'm sure I'm not the only one who has mentioned it to NF in the past. I for one think the font definitely needs to be serif and no capitalisation on all domains listed.

plano

This is disgraceful.

Does anyone know how much it sold for?

I am going to email the buyer and advise them that if they made the purchase thinking the domain name was kids then they can demand a refund and any costs involved under Section 52 of the Trade Practices Act.

auDA seems to focus on smacking the little guys and protecting the big guys but this one, being a clear breach of the TPA, is out of their hands.

plano

Thanks Asantha.

It is a difficult issue but by using a non-serif font it seems they are not doing something simple within their power to try to prevent this type of confusion.

Good to see drop made it clear (assuming this was done manually)

findtim

Top Contributor
I wasn't bidding but I got tricked by the NF labelling of it UNTIL just now when I came and read this thread !!! , its definitely something that needs fixing just to be fair I feel.

tim

Joel

Top Contributor
No comment from Netfleet on this ???

Ha, good luck. I don't think I even got a reply when I suggested it to them previously.

However since this issue is now in the public eye, it obviously holds more weight and may elicit a response.

Ashman

Top Contributor
I wonder if domain names would be subject to a refund under Australia Consumer Law - "Not Fit For Purpose".

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo