What's new

Just leased my first emd domain & website!

xwdomains

Top Contributor
@ Helloworld Do you mind sharing what type of return your getting leasing the site?

How did you go about finding a new business to take it over since the first guy pulled out?

have an advice for someone contacting local business in Australia? a Template response similar to what ned shared for contacting domain buyers would be awesome for the forum

Have done similar so genuinely interested as I have a few domains this could come in handy for.

Haven't done many with au though a lot companies are still a bit behind the times it would seem in Australia when it comes to an online presence.

Could you upscale the method your using and build out say 100 domains and lease them in a reasonable amount of time?

I guess it comes back to what return your getting as you could pay someone to build out the sites.

helloworld

Top Contributor
Hi XW, I don't really want to share what my actual return is. But I can tell you for basic SEO I charge $400pcm

I contacted the business personally and followed up. I come from an Advertising back ground but if you're looking for tips I highly recommend you pick up a copy of Cold Calling techniques by Stephen Schiffman. It is probably the best short book ever written on the subject. Precise and to the point.

I don't send any templates ever. I make phone contact and try to build relationships. When I do send a email, I personalise it to the person I am sending it to. This takes maybe 5-15 minutes while I gather as much information about their business and their client demographic as humanly possible. In the email I did send after contact I included traffic stats and keyword rankings.

This information isn't propriety, the way I see it, I don't care if another business takes the list andd says ok we should be ranking for these, screw this dude. There's always someone else.

As far as SEO goes, working a 40-60 hour week someone can easily manage up to about 200 accounts.

Getting accounts takes time, I haven't considered time frames as this is my first lease.

I build the sites myself but I have an outsource who will do them for $100.00 If I did get to that point, that said. I am using a responsive theme that I can customise for each individual domian. Using wp-multi user makes things a bit easier as well.

Hope that helps.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members