What's new

Is this the right way to list this domain?

Guidex

Top Contributor
I'm trying to just sell off a name I have 5L and pronounceable but spelt incorrectly. Makes it brandable though.
Is this the right way to approach the sale?
Suitd.com
Suits, clothes, fashion or anything that could be Suitd to the buyer.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Edited: I see you've already got it listed on BrandBucket, so removed my comments on sales channels.

I think your pitch for the domain is on the right track, as it very much lends itself to suits.

Bespoke suits, tailoring and online fashion generally are massive growth areas, so it's a good market to target. I've bought quite a few .com.au domains in this area over the last couple of years (BespokeSuits.com.au, SuitUp.com.au etc) and they seem to be popular.

Guidex

Top Contributor
It got approved for BrandBucket for a price of 2.2k

I'd assume it's worth XXX at the most? I'm unsure as I've only sold 3 domains

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
It got approved for BrandBucket for a price of 2.2k

I'd assume it's worth XXX at the most? I'm unsure as I've only sold 3 domains
From my understanding, BrandBucket doesn't price anything at $xxx and they have a pretty steep commission - so a $xxx sale wouldn't leave you with much profit anyway (after factoring in your purchase cost, value of your time etc). If that's the sales channel you're using, then the price they set is the price you're stuck with, so the worth of the domain is somewhat irrelevant! ;)

Guidex

Top Contributor
It just won't sell if it's overpriced though. I'll list it tonight.

How do I set logo for domain selling on flippa? Can't see the option.

But XXX very low XXXX is reasonable for the right user? It's not junk if they're branding it right?

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Brandables like this (misspells, omitted letters etc) are not my thing, but for that category it seems ok.

The price depends on the circumstances of the buyer and how motivated you are as a seller. If you get lucky and an end user 'must have the brand' or someone stumbles on the listing and falls in love with the name, then of course you can ask for $xxxx. If you're an unmotivated seller, seasoned negotiator and their need is great - then you can even ask for $xxxxx - it's all context dependent.

Getting an end user price could mean waiting for years or it may never sell. This type of brandable domain is what I consider a 'lottery ticket domain' (meaning the odds of selling to an end user are really low). For that reason, this type of domain is not a suitable investment proposition for my own portfolio; and I would never recommend that anyone holds a lot of these in their portfolio.

So let's assume, at least in the short term, that it's far more likely that your prospective buyers will be other domainers (wholesale buyers). Your comment of "It just won't sell if it's overpriced though" certainly seems to suggest that's the case (i.e. you're more interested in a swift sale than maximising your returns). On that assumption, then you need to set wholesale pricing and the platform itself will actually play a role in the price achievable.

I sell almost entirely to end users and mostly through my own marketplace, so I'm only guessing, but low-mid $xxx seems like a reasonable wholesale price for Flippa. The other question would be (and I don't have an answer for you) - do you list on Flippa at fixed price or go with an auction? There's probably others in the forum that can provide guidance on this.

If this is a category that you're focussing on and you're looking to sell wholesale, then you need to put in the time researching the sales prices achieved for similar domains on these platforms.

Good luck! ;)

Guidex

Top Contributor
Thanks for your help guys, especially Demonoid who goes above and beyond to help. (Y)

One more question for another domain I have
Wisk.com.au

It's not spelt Whisk as the cooking appliance, but I would deem it brandable for the fact it's 4L and pronounceable.
Any ideas on logo to advertise it?

James

Top Contributor
Typo domains and miss spellings is a tough market to value.
I own some random LLLL.com domains and they are tough to market as well domains like TOVX.com people offer junk all the time for them like $100, $120, I do not need to sell as some of these still make money each year..

Guidex

Top Contributor
Yeah I thought so. I prefer super pronounceable LLLL or 5L. I can't really develop and earn from it atm as it's a brandable name and wouldn't want to spoil image prior to purchase. But thanks for your comments guys

Jack

The 5L brandables are very interesting. I wonder if this is a fad. (Remember "ly" brands, e.g. domainly, hostly, etc....)
The pricing on these over at Brand Bucket is phenomenal, if people are paying that much good for them.
Have you had any success selling on there? Or have you done any analysis on how many pass through their market place?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member