What's new

is this the biggest PRIVATE SALE ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shags38

Top Contributor
[
Nor should you list them for ridiculous prices and expect our comments to be positive.

You say they are ridiculous prices - to someone else they may not be - and it is plastered on every page - "make an offer - ALL offeres seriously considered" ...... so I figure that means ... um let me see ...... it could mean that someone could make an offer ........... and it could also mean that I would seriously consider the offer ......... but then again someone would have to know how to read Hebrew to interpret what is written at 15 domain intervals throughout the site ... so about 80 times ........ but someone would have to read all the pages to see that and at an average of less than 3 pages per visitor from DNTrade it means one person might, and I say might, have got about halfway through the site.

You do know what a ridiculous price is don't you? It is a price someone else paid for something that you wanted but cannot now have so that person paid a ridiculous price.

Offer me what you think a name is worth and then I will decide whether to accept it or not. I have said it before and lo and behold it is now starting to ring true - NO-ONE knows YET the true value of 3D Domain names because there has never been a precedence to use as a comparative measure. Let's see if anyone is prepared to argue that point logically, with considered opinion and without passion or predisposed discrimination.

I didn't expect any positive comments at all CNC ...... been around in here far too long to be that naive, however I also wasn't expecting the particular comment from Snoopy, hence alluding to the fact that he has a very good sense of humor or is a pompous twat - you saw his response and I think I know which "bit" is the bigger bit of the two (ok, now you can assume to know what I am thinking - please do not disappoint)

If you are looking to employ a greater fool theory, this isn't the forum to be selling it, because everyone here knows that game and they will call you out on it.

Mate, take a deep breath and apply some logic. I have some domains to sell - this forum is frequented in the main by those who are loosely classified as domainers, or at least have an interest in those that are into domaining. I kida figured that my experience in sales and marketing would suggest that this forum would represent an avenue (an = singular) to advertise the sale of my domains - afterall that is a process that takes place in here regularly - and before you pounce on that yes I did post in the domains for sale section - the post in here posed a question, not a staement, it even has a question mark at the end of the question.
As far as using certain keywords / phrases to promote the site I apologise for the words I used, in hindsight they should have had a lot more punch to them and I should have used different fonts and colours. If I could use a megaphone I would ... maybe I should have just said ........ "ahem (slight muffled cough), ahem, um I don't mean to be a bother or anything like that but I was just wondering whether some of you chaps might take some of your valuable time to peruse this site that I have just loaded that has some domains for sale ........ if you are inclined that is, I dont want to be intruding". That approach works wonders for responses in the newspaper classifieds for cars I sell.

Where do they send our elite troops to be trained before going off into combat? The toughest ccombat training centres in the world, right here, not to a nature reserve. If I wanted to get my site critiqued by some people who might have some valuable input then I figured this would be the place, the toughest battle training ground for domainers, however I was wrong wasn't I (again) - instead of a valuable meaningful critique I got snide remarks.

CNC - by all means teach me / offer me input about domaining however do not presume to offer advice to me about philoshophy or psychology, marketing or selling.

I am naive when it comes to domaining, I have said that a million times, but I am no fool. I love to stir up the pot in here to generate some constructive discussion primarily so I can learn. Human nature is such that if someone asks you a question, even a dumb one, you tend to offer answers to be helpful.

I have no beef with anyone in here but believe me I do not suffer fools lightly, I have a warped sense of humor and love people who like humor and can see the funny side of things, I like to learn, I love to share knowledge and I really get my back up with people who presume to be better than others (at anything) and deride other people. And my pet hate, people who comment on something based on their bias and not on what is available to them to make a considered opinion - hence the hairs standing up on the back of my neck over that comment - if there was a smiley icon at the end of it then I would have saved about 2736 key strokes.

So I have shit names and a shit site and am not using the right methods to sell either :D

For those that are astute ........ I left a red herring in one of my lists ......... a name I requested to be regged in a bunch of about 150 or so - with the subsequent 150 or so response emails of regging and the double ups etc etc I "assumed" they all were done (I pre checked all before sending request, all were available ...... except 1 it turns out )....... recently sold for USD 1670 so I found out and spat the dummy at the situation ........ it still sits in my spreadsheet :) ......... try and figure what topic section it is in.

As one of the seven muskateers once said (well said hundreds of times actually) ....onwards and upwards........ and yes there were 7 muskateers, Hollywood got it wrong:D (there were 3 musketeers though :D:D)

WG2010

Archived Member
Here's a break down of the best of the bunch on your website.

3d car video - 0 searches per month.
3d in car - 0 searches per month.
3d in cars - 0 searches per month.
3d in car screens - 0 searches per month.

I really can't be bothered going through the rest because it's obvious no-one is searching for any of these terms, 3d is a flop once again. The most practical use for them being TV's and consumers are avoiding them in droves.

Here's an article from Kogan which goes into a little detail why 3d TV's are a huge flop. Keep in mind, this is written by someone who is very clever when it comes to electronics and selling TV's online.

A friend bought a 48" LED TV on the weekend and when I suggested the idea of a 3D TV (to play devils advocate) she couldn't think of a single reason why she would go ahead and purchase one... "waste of money" as she put it.

Think about it, if the technology can't even establish itself in someones lounge room, how the hell is "3d in cars" going to catch on enough to become worth anything? It wont, end of story.

If you owned 3dPrinters.com or 3dPrinters.com.au, that'd be a good domain to own given their use. There's very few 3d domains that are of any value.

At the end of the day, if people feel they're being sold rubbish, you will be called out on it. You seem to think because there is a tiny chance that 3d may take off that translate into these domains being worth $$$. If that's the case, why don't you sit on them until the technology is mainstream and then surely you will make a lot of money. That's a highly unlikely scenario; the real one being perhaps your ego is a little bruised and the prospect of letting these domains expire after spending such a large amount of time and money on them isn't something you're prepared to accept at this point in time.

Last edited:

Chris.C

Top Contributor
At the end of the day, if people feel they're being sold rubbish, you will be called out on it. You seem to think because there is a tiny chance that 3d may take off that translate into these domains being worth $$$. If that's the case, why don't you sit on them until the technology is mainstream and then surely you will make a lot of money. That's a highly unlikely scenario; the real one being perhaps your ego is a little bruised and the prospect of letting these domains expire after spending such a large amount of time and money on them isn't something you're prepared to accept at this point in time.
Bingo.

CNC - try the "pick of the bunch" page ...... firstly you will have to visit the site :)
OK well here is my parting advice (I have no more time to waste on this topic sorry).

For a pro marketer and salesman like yourself, you'd know that generating a lead is the first step to generating a sale. So remove all the "ridiculous" prices and just say you are seriously considering all reasonable offers.

Then hope that someone offers you $50 for a couple of them, then use your masterful sales skills to upsell him to your pitch of "why buy 1 for $50 when you can have over 1000 for $2,700".

My final piece of business philosophy for you - you can try to sell a polished turd, but at the end of the day it's still a piece of shit.

Learn to provide real value, rather than wasting your time selling shit. And that is all I have to say on the matter.

Best of luck with it all. I sincerely hope you do find buyers.

Last edited:

davids

Top Contributor
Here's a break down of the best of the bunch on your website.

3d car video - 0 searches per month.
3d in car - 0 searches per month.
3d in cars - 0 searches per month.
3d in car screens - 0 searches per month.

The issue with 3D in cars, even if 3D technology were to kick off, is that in most places having any form of video playing in view of the driver is illegal.

Of course you could say then 3D technology for the rear passengers, but currently most people don't have LCDs in the rear and they're at a reasonable price, let alone 3D screens which surely would attract a premium price over a regular screen.

It's things like search volume, viability, etc. that make the price range of "xxxx+++++" for 3DinCar(s).com ridiculously high even for end-users.

My suggestion is if you're going to try and sell off these names, you need to drastically lower the ranges (or as cnc has just said, remove them completely), and it may help to provide links to big news articles or studies along with the domain categories that you can.

It's all well and good to claim that "the FUTURE is in 3D consumer products," but without any backing, it's just as meaningful to someone as me saying that "I am the most successful domainer in Australia."

shags38

Top Contributor
CNC - me too - can't waste any more time reading your views - do you know what the average length of a turd is?

I will be back in a couple of years time and we will see if the attitude to 3D is then.

It is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that there is no belief in the future if 3D Technology so why would there be any belief in the value of the domains - pretty simple really.

Answer Joe - have sold a couple and have a few nibbles but nothing to write home about - the latest survey I did showed that 98.764% of domainers globally have no faith in the future of 3D Technology - the figures fared better in some countries but were marginal (e.g. U.K. was only 96.37% - hence I am targeting the U.K. market).

With all the respect due to each and every one of you please read my lips - if you have no faith in 3D technology and its future (WOR your reference to your friend was juvenile - EVERYONE knowes that 3D TV is floundering - EVERYONE including Gerry Harvey who spent a fortune on advertising it !!!). There are a number of reasons for it "
floundering" (not failing) but no doubt you are up to date with what is happening globally in the consumer electronics industry and in particular the 3D aspect , oh and the investment market so you would know which wealthy individuals and which Fortune 500 companies are continuing to invest in 3D Consumer Products technology - if not, then do some reading or do not comment on things about which you know very little - I rang Rupert Murdoch a bit earlier to tell him that he has made a humungous blunder in investing heavily in the new technology that he made specific mention of in his speech to shareholders when announcing the latest performance results of News Corp - told him what your friend said - he was devestated. Kogan and 3D TV ....... you are kidding me right? They do not have 3D TV .......... know why? because it is Chinese branded manufacture and the Chinese haven't copied 3D yet ...... wrong choice of an industry authority I'm afraid.

3D in Cars - LOL - is it really illegal to watch a video whilst driving ........ well I never.

At the end of the day 90% plus of what has been posted in here is crap because it is coming from a viewpoint of 3D will not work, has no future or whatever term one wants to use - it is like a Christian commenting on the Koran - doesn't believe in it but comments anyway.

The whole point was the site ........ not whether anyone thinks 3D is good or not - we went down that track months and months ago - there are maybe one or 2 TRUE believers - others have some 3D domains just as insurance or for the fun of it.

So guys - by all means continue commenting on the site (structure etc - I know it is crappy that is why I want some constructive criticism) ........ but please leave the 3D Domains discussion alone.

cheers,
Mike

davids

Top Contributor
So guys - by all means continue commenting on the site (structure etc - I know it is crappy that is why I want some constructive criticism) ........ but please leave the 3D Domains discussion alone.

Mike, in all fairness though, you have posted this in the General Domain Discussion forum. So it stands to reason that everyone would be discussing the domains within as opposed to the site itself.

If you don't want any further discussion on the domains, let me know, and I'll lock the thread.

As for video in cars, it is illegal for video to be playing in view of the driver while the car is in operation, yes.

snoopy

Top Contributor
CNC - me too - can't waste any more time reading your views - do you know what the average length of a turd is?

I will be back in a couple of years time and we will see if the attitude to 3D is then.

It is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that there is no belief in the future if 3D Technology so why would there be any belief in the value of the domains - pretty simple really.

Answer Joe - have sold a couple and have a few nibbles but nothing to write home about - the latest survey I did showed that 98.764% of domainers globally have no faith in the future of 3D Technology - the figures fared better in some countries but were marginal (e.g. U.K. was only 96.37% - hence I am targeting the U.K. market).

There is no point lecturing anyone when you are trying to sell your domains for less than $1 each. It is also pointless complaining about constant negative comments, if you'd taken that negative feedback on board when you first started registering you'd be far better off today.

You should be angry with the people who told you these names had potential, not the people who told you they were rubbish. Think about this for a while before responding.

shags38

Top Contributor
There is no point lecturing anyone when you are trying to sell your domains for less than $1 each. It is also pointless complaining about constant negative comments, if you'd taken that negative feedback on board when you first started registering you'd be far better off today.

You should be angry with the people who told you these names had potential, not the people who told you they were rubbish. Think about this for a while before responding.

Snoopy - do you have a comprehension problem or are you dislexic or both OR are you a visionary like a Nostradamus - absolutely amazing how you can interpret "anger" from the written word, amazing.

The greatest problem in communication is in the written word when it is not able to be backed up by the physical presence of the writer to validate the intention of a word or phrase or explain the emphasis etc. More business problems and personal problems eminate from the interpretation, or mis-interpretation of the modern written correspondence - emails. "I read it to mean" ........ "oh, is that what it (you) meant?".

Frustration would have been a better choice of word but in any case your comments are close minded - they are from the Bible according to Snoopy, according to Snoopys perception / belief that 3D will not succeed, and you are entitled to that opinion, as are others who believe the contrary.

I figure you are continuing to read this post and in fact offering comment as a defense mechanism for the un called for comment you made which started all of this unnecessary crap discussion. You at best glanced at the site, if at all, and made the comment you made based on your prejudices, not from any other viewpoint - you just do not believe that 3D will fly.

I am not angry - frustrated yes - am I frustrated about the humungous mistake, error of judgement, call it what you will, about rushing off and regging all those myriod of 3D names thinking that I was going to make millions and have since found out that I was deluding myself, that I was a greenhorn wet behind the ears newbie and screwed up. The honest answer to that is no - I was, but I am now over that, I have moved on. I still believe I have some names of value and I may one day (read carefully - one day), may recoup my investment - but if I don't then so be it. Some lessons in life can be expensive, this "lesson" has cost me a pretty penny.

BUT - I am still frustrated - frustrated with the single mindedness of some comments I get or I see in other posts. As much as it may not appear such (albeit please check some other previous posts) I can accept criticism - if it is founded - if it isn't founded then I won't accept it. Like I won't accept a comment like you made initially Snoopy because I am not convinced that it has any real foundation - subsequent comments have been as I said in defence of the original. Well maybe that is too harsh, some of my domains are rubbish, many are not rubbish but certainly are pretty ordinary - nope, it wasn't too harsh. By the way, nobody has told me my domains are good so I can't blame that person, not that I am interested in blaming anyone for anything.

Get a cup of coffee and read carefully the comments in this thread - some are very constructive and have merit - most though are fuelled by prejudice(against 3D) and offer statements that are bewildering.

Any time you want to offer any advice or comments Snoopy I will gladly welcome them - if they are sensible and constructive.

So Snoopy, before making comments like you have and using words like you have (aka rubbish) then take some of your own advice onboard and think about it for a while.

For others reading this - some brief responses to some comments. WOR - what an amazing bit of research data you submitted for search results for 3D in Cars - tell me, why did you bother, I could have told you the results. The bigger question is "what do those useless figures prove?" - it's like saying that no-one wanted to fly in an aeroplane back in 1897 - wonder why? Planes were invented, they weren't very successful at the time but they did become successful. Your friend was right - buying a 3D TV now is tantamount to a waste of money - TODAY - will it be tomorrow?? Actually it is not a waste of money - you buy a new TV because you want one - a 3D capable unit of equivalent screen size is a few hundred dollars dearer than a standard LCD / LED - you buy a new TV say every 5-6 years? 3D content will be bubbling over in a few months time - 2D viewinbg on a 3D TV is as good as on a 2D TV - because of the current "flop" of 3DTV you can screw prices down significantly. If you bought a 3D TV for watching 3D today then not only is it a waste of money but you would likely have better spent the money on a therapist.

Oh, the data - supposed to indicate the value of the domain right. Nobody wanted "solar" names a few years ago - try and reg a decent one today. If you have some spare time try searches for 3D Cameras, 3D Computers, 3D Laptops, 3D Phones, 3D Printers - they will all be zero or slightly more than zero - what a surprise.

I said it previously however I must have typed in Hebrew - forget 3D TV - take the blinkers off and look at the potential of other 3D Consumer Electronics products. You will not stop the advance of technology.

DavidS - I am keeping some 3D Domains and I currently have some 3D sites operating and ranking well (PR 2/3 for a number of keyword searches) and earning reasonably well with affiliate income given the lack of enthusiasm for 3DTV and the shortage of other 3D products (only 3 manufacturers of cameras and camcorders have released 3D models so far - they are all very small Japanese companies, Panasonic, Sony and FujiFilm). The WHOLE future is not in 3D but there is a big part of the Consumer Electronics industry that suggest that that industry will be significantly affected by 3D Technology.

I haven't time to go back through the list but someone mentioned "lecturing" - if I have come across as lecturing then I apologise - the apology is subject to me not being lectured on why 3D domains are worthless, reg fee return only, don't have search result stats and all the other nonsensical useless trivia that has no bearing at all on the topic of the thread which was a question - only one person has actually answered the question - everyone else has gone off on tangents. And as for the "comments appreciated" - I wasn't asking for comments on the names - I already knew what most in here thought of 3D domains.

Many a battle has been lost by the very best Generals with the biggest and best armies and equipment etc, battles that should never have been lost, through poor communication and assumption. As the strategist a General ahs thought out his battle plan, knows it backwards - he gathers his officers and tells them of the plan and tells each of them what their role is in the scheme of things then dismisses them to prepare for the coming battle. Sound ok so far - anyone pick the problem? Did all the officers fully inderstand what their role was and how it fitted into the scheme of things or did the AGeneral assume that they all did. After the battle was lost the General had his answer.

It is now standard practice in the military to have orders given repeated by the person receiving the orders to the person giving them to discover any misinterpretation at that time and not when it is too late.

14,789 keystokes would have been saved if the post was read carefully and interpreted in the way it was intended. Next time I post (fair warning, no I am not going to go away) I will spell it out a few different ways so that hopefully there will be no misunderstandings.

et domine et filio sanctu espiritu domine ..... there endeth the lesson, go in peace. (you too Snoops :D)

davids

Top Contributor
As I said earlier, Mike, in terms of actually selling these domains on the site, it would help if you were to include references/links to news articles or the likes as opposed to just claiming that it's THE future.

Whether or not it is the future or will have a prominent part in the market has no bearing, simply the fact that people are always more inclined to believe when shown facts as opposed to unsubstantiated claims.

I hope you make your money back from this venture, if not more. Either way, it'll be an excellent learning experience.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Might be time this post was closed? May I suggest no more feedback positive or negative is given?

Move onto new and better subjects please!

IMO the only 3d name worth anyhing was 3dtv.com.au and I wouldnt have paid more than $500 for that if I was samsung or the others for it. As for 3deverything.... well enough has been said both for and against now.

I still think the post should have been in .com.au marketplace also

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.