Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

neddy

Top Contributor
As Snoopy pointed out earlier today, it's good to see Enom (Tucows) now prepared to clamp down on certain resellers. This was based on a directive by auDA. Better late than never I suppose.

But what about all the UBU's still in existence? Surely auDA can look for common denominators in the WhoIs and get rid of these? Things like the email address @163.com. Here's one that was registered last week:

Given the domain name, I particularly loved this bit on their "Shipping and Returns" page:

"UPDATE: During any dresses purchased within December can be sent back to HQ by the 10th JAN, 2017 for a web credit or exchange. Happy holidays!"

findtim

Top Contributor
i've had conversations with various directors today with regards to UBU's, comment will be made in the next newsletter and i hope to take this issue forward.
i'm just saying we are paying attention to this issue thats all.

tim

neddy

Top Contributor
i've had conversations with various directors today with regards to UBU's, comment will be made in the next newsletter and i hope to take this issue forward.
i'm just saying we are paying attention to this issue thats all.

Tim, I've been banging away about this on Domainer since last year! I've lost track of the number of articles I have done. Whilst I appreciate the job Mark Bouck at auDA has done since he came on board, the simple fact is directors and management HAVE NOT been paying proper and sufficient attention to this. If they had, Tucows and PDR would have had their accreditation suspended ages ago (until they fixed the problem).

findtim

Top Contributor
i understand the situation, mark is doing a great job, i spoke at length with him face to face today, i have told him i am giving him my full support on this issue and he is preparing a report of FACTS for the board and we hope to communicate that to members ASAP.
thats all i can say, at least i'm telling you something
tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
I wonder what % of Tucows and PDR .com.au's are actually legitimate? It may not be that big of a job to weed them out given it seems to be limited to only 2 registrars.

snoopy

Top Contributor
AUDA may need to adjust the scaling on this graph when they add in the 20k names for the next edition of Ausregistry's magazine.

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 4.44.48 pm.png

Would be very interesting to find out the number of domains at Tucows and PDR, that would likely give a very good clue to the extent of the problem.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member