What's new

houghtonrichards.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi Nichola - I have a constructive suggestion for you. It's one that should help give some confidence to potential clients.

As a start, why don't you publish a list / bio of your domain brokers? With LinkedIn details etc. Most reputable brokerage firms do that.

I am now aware of one of your brokers, because he networked with me on LinkedIn just recently.

Many of us on here are always looking for switched on people to sell domains for us (at astronomical prices of course!).

Cheers, Ned

Cal

Top Contributor
Hey mods / admin - just a suggestion, but given that this is an intro thread, I think that most of the posts in this thread should be moved to https://www.dntrade.com.au/threads/houghtonrichards-com.9271/

Nichola, please understand that we don't have anything against you personally. :) It's just that there are a lot of "fly by nighters" in this industry, and none of us long standing industry members had ever heard of your firm.

So from my perspective, I welcome you again, and hope that you will perhaps contribute on the other thread about Houghton Richards: https://www.dntrade.com.au/threads/houghtonrichards-com.9271/

Best wishes, Ned

Good suggestion Ned, I've moved these.
Cheers, Cal

Apologies for lack my lack of response, I am currently very busy and unfortunately I do not check this forum daily.

We are currently in the process of a website update which will include Broker information, so thanks for that suggestion Ned I agree that it will provide confidence to clients and anyone else interested in Houghton Richards!

With regards to the .CLUB questions:

As I have stated many times before, for privacy of our clients we do not disclose specific sales or client information on open forums. However if you are interested and have the time, feel free to contact Colin Campbell or Jeff Sass at .CLUB and they may be happy to talk to you.

Here are some client testimonials for anyone that has shown an interest in Houghton Richards:

"The staff at Houghton Richards Brokerage were efficient, helpful and effective in helping us with the situation and we would strongly recommend their services to anyone."
-Sally Ray, Westbest Plumbing, Gas and Electrical

"Thank you - its been a pleasure doing business with your company - in particular your broker Paul. From start to finish Paul kelp us informed and quickly educated us on the important of accumilating domain names in the future."
-Graham Nankivell, Managing Director - Performance Business Sales

"I am very happy with the efficiency and promptness of Houghton Richards Brokerage House."
-Debbie, Medallion Property

"The response time most impressed me with Houghton Richards service."
-Ross, Calnan Property

Best Regards,
Nichola

sasha

Top Contributor
Hi Nichola

you forgot this one, posted by jeanne ball on yelp on the 14th April 2014

"Houghton Richards are a fantastic team to deal with. They are way ahead (light years) with their business marketing and domain portfolio strategies. They offer a great customer service exceeding expectations. A pleasure to deal with.

Watching my domain portfolio is quite empowering as a good investment. Houghton Richards have explained to me how my investments work in great detail. I loved the service so much I just had to put forward this review. 10/10 :)"

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I did let domain sherpa about this thread and our scepticism of the numbers, his reply was thanks "i'll keep an eye on it" Which may just mean ....... thanks but as long as they pay me it's all good. Although I was surprised to hear him actually say those words "sells over a thousand a month" ... yet they never appear on the dnjournal stats ??

findtim

Top Contributor
Which may just mean ....... thanks but as long as they pay me it's all good
i think you hit the nail on the head.
Could nicola please state the obvious in plain english eg " YES, we sell over 1000 domain names a month "
i think this is what we are all thinking
It's just that there are a lot of "fly by nighters" in this industry, and none of us long standing industry members had ever heard of your firm.
and i'll add that i truly feel dnt members are VERY proactive in trying to get rid of this stigma that seems to be attached to domain name owners, i of course can not talk for everyone nor would i, but when i see adverts that can be misleading and very cunningly misleading i just don't like it.
it hurts us all in the end.
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
1000 names a month sounds like BS to me also, sasha you'd run out of domains in 2 months and have to put your feet up and rest on a tropical island.
tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I left a comment in the sherpa interview stating this means they sell more than 4 weeks of the dnjournal report and more than domain name sales as well, it was not approved from what I could see, pity because i respected him up to this point

Conquer

I'm not one to get involved in forum discussions much these days, especially if it involves throwing stones from the sidelines. Unlike back when I first started trading domains ~2001 and was spending hours a day/night as a space cadet posting in domain forums.
However, after reading this thread I thought I'd take some time out from doing some actual real work and join in the discussion by stating that, last week, after a couple of months of negotiating the price, I sold a domain name through Houghton Richards. Living in Perth myself, I visited their office and met with Dan and Richard - awesome guys who have my respect.
For a fairly new entry into the Domain Name Industry I'll gladly vouch for their credibility. I was impressed by the discussions I had with them - very professional, knowledgeable and a hard-working team.

sasha

Top Contributor
getting very strange, i just had my previous post on these guys deleted by the moderator because of "Inappropriate Language". Im rather confused as to how the word "bull$H/T" be considered Inappropriate, yet we are allowed to use the word "Asshole"

Some Asshole Stole my domain: https://www.dntrade.com.au/threads/some-asshole-stole-my-domain.9679 - i would have thought that "Asshole" is much more Inappropriate that "bull$H/T"

sasha

Top Contributor
  1. couple of months of negotiating the price
  2. I sold a domain name through Houghton Richards
  3. met with Dan and Richard
  1. to negotiate for a few months, always means you got a great price, can you give us a range?
  2. can you tell us what was the domain name?
  3. you met Richard Trainer?
  4. How do you get VIP membership with just 2 messages

neddy

Top Contributor
I'm not one to get involved in forum discussions much these days, especially if it involves throwing stones from the sidelines. Unlike back when I first started trading domains ~2001 and was spending hours a day/night as a space cadet posting in domain forums.
However, after reading this thread I thought I'd take some time out from doing some actual real work and join in the discussion by stating that, last week, after a couple of months of negotiating the price, I sold a domain name through Houghton Richards. Living in Perth myself, I visited their office and met with Dan and Richard - awesome guys who have my respect.
For a fairly new entry into the Domain Name Industry I'll gladly vouch for their credibility. I was impressed by the discussions I had with them - very professional, knowledgeable and a hard-working team.

Conquer, forgive me (and others) for being a little cynical, but given this is only your second post in four years of being a member here, I have to wonder if someone from Houghton Richards asked or suggested that you give them a rap? Because that's what it looks like. ;)

And I don't think anyone is "throwing stones" - Nichola came on here announcing HR as "Australia's Leading Domain Brokerage House", and many of us "veterans" had never heard of them. So we simply asked questions - some did it more politely than others. :) A lot of those questions still haven't been answered.

I constructively suggested to Nichola over a month ago that if they wanted credibility, they should at the very least put a list of their brokers up on their site. She thought that was an excellent idea - shame it hasn't happened yet. (The only one I know of is Richard Bell, and he does seem like a nice guy).

As I said on March 17, "many of us on here are always looking for switched on people to sell domains for us (at astronomical prices of course!)." That still applies. If they are as good as they claim to be, then why aren't they all over us?

whiterabit

For what its worth, I bought a domain for a client after HR approached them a couple of months ago. I had a couple of issues through the transfer process but all in all it went well and my client was happy with the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads