What's new

hey everyone just wanted some thoughts and what you think

craig.cumming

Again thanks. I might do that. Again thanks for the advice. Whats your opinion on the new tlds do you see them as a good investment or is it something to wait and see about

findtim

Top Contributor
Again thanks. I might do that. Again thanks for the advice. Whats your opinion on the new tlds do you see them as a good investment or is it something to wait and see about

only you can decide that.

your answer maybe " collingwood lost to the bulldogs today "
meaning S^^T happens and who actually knows?

tim:D

sasha

Top Contributor
Check.net.au - garbage
Carshowroom.net.au - garbage
Exoticcarsales.com.au and .net.au - garbage and garbage
Bidmycar.net.au - worse than garbage
Viploans.com.au - worse than garbage

laferrari.com.au - blatant cybersquatting

craig.cumming

You dont seem a very happy person sasha. Went through your posts and most of it is just negative. You have to remember we all start somewhere. I know im not a pro and im still learning thats why i ask for advice from people on here. Tims really helpful.
I mean did you not start somewhere make a few mistakes buying domains you thought were good but werent.

sasha

Top Contributor
its not personal at all and at no stage did i attack you - unlike your personal attack on me

i wish you well in domaining and im not sure what posts you found negative, but you asked for an honest opinion and thats what i gave you, it is blatant cybersquatting to register domains like laferrari.com.au

i understand truth at times is hard to take, but honesty should NOT be confused with negativity - in reality the only person to find honesty negative (hard to handle) is usually the person receiving it

lastly, in regards to "mistakes" - i made plenty, but cybersquatting was NOT one of them

craig.cumming

Im not cybersquatting. I wwnted to make a fan page. I emailed ferrari and told them i had bought it and told them my intentions to make a page just for info and a place to chat about the car. I told them there wont be any advertisment on the page and if they wanted it just to contact me. The ceo of ferrari australasia said to me not worry and keep it.
I didnt mean an attack on you at all. Sorry it just felt like thats what you were doing

sasha

Top Contributor
Im not cybersquatting. I wwnted to make a fan page. I emailed ferrari.....

you know you're cybersquatting, you even confirmed it here https://www.dntrade.com.au/64865-post5.html you said --> "i emailed ferrari .....but theyve never got back to me. Prob building a big case against me lol"

you wouldn't need their permission and why would they be "building a big case" if you were NOT cybersquatting

and by the way "fan pages" translated to english is is another word for cybersquatting,

snoopy

Top Contributor
I bought a couple domains and planning to use them both as theres a good niche market.
Cheapercar.rentals
Bestdeal.rentals

I stuck them on flippa for an appraisal then got a few emails asking to sell them even got an offer of 4k

Whats your thoughts should i keep them and build them into something alot more

The chance of someone wanting to buy them is low.

The chance of multiple people at the same time is like winning the lottery.

The chance of multiple people & someone offering $4000. That is similar to the chance of Elvis being alive.

I'm calling this as BS. The names are not worth anything.

James

Top Contributor
Just email Car Sales and see if they want "Exotic Car Sales" they will give you a yes or no answer, but really you need the right internal contact here. I sold them a few domains in the past.

James

Top Contributor
Thanks james. I will look into it and see what i kind find

Yeah just ask around, people may or may not want it. Usually you need a reason for them to buy it - brand protection, type in traffic, exact match traffic, branded domain, LLL domain ect ect

.net.au would be very hard to sell to be honest, end users do not seem to want them.

craig.cumming

Thanks james. Its a good market over here just a bit weird why no one touched it. Like carsales have new cars used cars. New perstige. Unique cars. Bike. Machinery all of them but havent touched exotic cars yet. I bought a html package to make a page and just reading up on html to change some bits about and make it a bit better

findtim

Top Contributor
Thanks james. Its a good market over here just a bit weird why no one touched it. Like carsales have new cars used cars. New perstige. Unique cars. Bike. Machinery all of them but havent touched exotic cars yet. I bought a html package to make a page and just reading up on html to change some bits about and make it a bit better

don't read about html, its ELVIS, just get wordpress ( its FREE ) and if you really want to read then read about CSS.

buy a $29 template and fill in the blanks.

need advice? ask youtube :)

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
i only use studiopress dot com , mostly because i like the simplicity but there are many others out there.

FREE themes are mostly crap code IMO and cause you more effort then its worth to buy a good one.

make sure you pick a "responsive design" template.

you can also kinda test them at
HTML:
http://ipadpeek.com/

tim

ohhh, and make sure you visit the "showcase" link at studiopress

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online