What's new

hey everyone just wanted some thoughts and what you think

craig.cumming

I bought a couple domains and planning to use them both as theres a good niche market.
Cheapercar.rentals
Bestdeal.rentals

I stuck them on flippa for an appraisal then got a few emails asking to sell them even got an offer of 4k

Whats your thoughts should i keep them and build them into something alot more

craig.cumming

Forgot to mention i had a few others while the .net.au was on sale

Check.net.au
Carshowroom.net.au
Exoticcarsales.com.au and .net.au
Bidmycar.net.au
Viploans.com.au

findtim

Top Contributor
for the .rentals , i think its to early in the game to appraise properly IMO

i would have taken the $4K and i would have made sure the money was in my account first , then withdrew it in CASH and only then sent transfer details :eek:

tim

craig.cumming

Thanks tim, i think for the price of holding onto to it for a couple years to see how it all goes or even developing them into a couple site might be worth the cost of the extra years. Then again i might be wrong lol

findtim

Top Contributor
Craig ! you have just 29 posts on DNT, maybe you ready a thousand before joining, you have had replies from some of the most experienced people on DNT so far, MAN ... that is a home run.

And run ...... :)

best advice ever :D

i've had people offer me $55K for domains and i have had some fun with them and it all turns out to be a scam, good experience for me and had a laugh along the way.

even had them call me to negotiate ( from india ) i don't know your experience so tell them:

once the money is deposited, you will receive the domain key.

i predict you will never here from them again.

tim

craig.cumming

Sasha. How is the grammar wrong. Cheaper car rentals isnt wrong the best deal one yeah but the first one isnt. I emailed the guy back as to what everyone said and yeah it sounds like a scam he told me to put it back up for sale and he would buy it but asked to transfer the rest through paypal or western union. i agree tim ive got loads of amazing advice from everyone and i honestly couldnt thank everyone enough. The advice is great and i do take it on board. I kind of thought it was a scam but was hoping that i had managed to get one and crack a little pot of gold just like everyone else and i asked everyones advice to see if i was on a good one or chasing thin air.

findtim

Top Contributor
ahhhhhhhhhh, "bait and switch "

paypal is trusted, western union isn't

next email would be " ohh sorry my paypal isn't working, i can only do western union "

unless you manage to get the cash in your wallet don;t let any domain go.

NOTE: its different in aus when you are dealing via DNT members, NF, DROP, ............ as its just bank transfer mostly and i have made MANY private purchases and not had any problems, but still be careful.

tim

craig.cumming

Thabks again tim. Yeah its definetly sounding more suss. Its like everyone when they buy one to sell they just hope to hit a good selling one and thats why i asked for advice. I was thinking to just keep them for another year or two and see how the nee tlds turn out.
What do you think of the other ones. I work in the car industry in sales i got
Exoticarsales.com.au and net.au
Carshowroom.net.au
And check.net.au
The exotic one i was planning on making a site for exotic cars to be sold as they dont have a plave for them selfs i work selling exotic cara at my dealership and we find it hard to get a good place to sell apart from carsales. Where they have pages for unique cars performance cars new used prestige but havent taken on this market

findtim

Top Contributor
Sorry was meant to be exoticcarsales

ok, sorry to burst your bubble again...... but never been a fan of words that end in the next word starting letter.

FUSSY, i know :)

dubbooptometrist BUGS me every time i have to type it as its my client
but its better then a hypen

i also have a client that has ******com.com.au , that bugs me as well because they were to late in getting their name and this was back in 2002 so they had to add the "com" , well they didn't HAVE to but chose to ( i told them not to )

end result, at least you have 2 "c"

as for value ? in the right hands HEAPS ( car sales dot com au ) they are now advertising " tyre sales DCA " at the footy

if you are in that marketplace selling these type of cars then i'd say "its worth is what you make it through traditional media"

your boss is obviously spending heaps on paper, radio maybe tv? pitch him this idea:

you dev the site to list his cars, BUT also allow his competitors to list theirs, do a joint campaign through paper or radio, ask for just 5% of his budget, sell the space to his competitors and do the numbers making it a neutral spend for him so he makes more sales and his competitors pay his advertising.

win win

fact is if i am in the market for an top of the line car, i've already chosen the one, i just need to find it.

this way you don't have to sell the domain as it will earn more for you the you could ever sell it for.

just my opinion

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads