1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy New Year and DN Trade Improvements

Discussion in 'DNTrade Updates & News' started by chris, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Joel

Joel Membership: Community

Confirmed it's doing the same thing on my laptop using firefox (after flushing dns, etc).

My gut feeling is it's a simple bug related to the forced https:// when the redirect is trying to send the user to http:// - I could be wrong of course!

2. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I'm having no issues, firefox here.

https working fine.

3. atom

atom Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Have you also cleared the cookies for the domain Joel? Maybe try logging out and then loggin in again if you haven't already.

4. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

iTrader Ratings - All members will have an iTrader tab where they can leave each other feedback. If you're familiar with the DNForum system, it's the same thing. We'll look at posting more information about this in the next week or so.

Good idea. I was thinking about suggesting this. It would be good to know you're dealing with someone who already has a rep so you can cut down on the bs

5. Mark

Mark Membership: VIP

Looking forward to the new improvements Chris - great work!

Happy New Year to one and all!

Mark

6. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Great work Chris!

Just one suggestion - make the weekly email opt in by default. Honestly if people have to manually go in and change their settings only a tiny % will ever get the newsletter.

Thanks for all your hard work over the year!

7. Honan

Honan Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Noice. Thanks Chris. HNY to you too.

8. Blue Wren

Blue Wren Membership: VIP

I was too getting a few login issues. I re-saved my bookmark (firefox) to the new [https:] and all is good again.

9. Alex

Alex Membership: Community

Noooooo. Say it ain't so. :)

10. Rhythm

Rhythm Membership: VIP

Seconded.

11. Honan

Honan Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    The size of a woman's breasts does not bother me.
    Promoting a registrar that charges like a wounded bull ($140 ) for Change of Registrant or COR does bother me, because it resticts sales activity in the industry.

12. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

Thirded.

13. petermeadit

petermeadit Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I think the problem with boobie girl is more that, there is a certain time before it can be changed, when the advertising runs out. Correct me if I am wrong.

14. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Yes, that's correct Peter.

15. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    You can contact them and ask them to provide a more family friendly banner according to your "New" T & C.

16. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    That spot is being opened up to sponsors so it's about to start changing - very soon!! ;)

17. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Here's a quick update on where we're at.

• SSL - Since many people use DN Trade for business purposes, from now on all traffic to http://www.dntrade.com.au will be forced to use https://www.dntrade.com.au. We'll be monitoring performance, however, our initial tests have shown that there should not be any noticeable difference.

Complete.

• New Theme - The new theme will resize a little better than the current version of the site. We've also made a few layout and style changes that will freshen the site to give it a better look and feel.

Complete. It would be great if you can give your feedback below. If you experience any issues, please hang in there - we'll aim to get them fixed ASAP.

• Mobile Theme - In addition to supporting the cross platform mobile app Tapatalk we will be installing a minimal mobile theme. It will be handy for those who check DN Trade on the go but who aren't fans of Tapatalk. This will be a separate theme that can be toggled on or off by a footer link.

Coming soon.

• Weekly Email - We are finalising a weekly summary email which will include hot topics and highlights. Members will have the choice to opt-in to get this from a new setting that will be in the User Control Panel.

Coming soon.

• Display auDA Membership - auDA members will have the ability to display their membership status if they wish via the User Control Panel. Thanks to DavidL for this suggestion.

Coming soon.

• iTrader Ratings - All members will have an iTrader tab where they can leave each other feedback. If you're familiar with the DNForum system, it's the same thing. We'll look at posting more information about this in the next week or so.

Coming soon.

• New Resources - This is a work-in-progress. The goal is to provide members with useful resources and links to some handy tools. Due to popular demand, we'll also have a section dedicated just to the Newbies to help them find their feet.

Complete.

You can also now get a free mobile app to access DNTrade on the go, it's currently listed in the Google Play store and should be available in the Apple iTunes App Store very soon.

You can keep up with the latest details on the mobile apps here.

Cheers,
    Chris

18. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    iTrader ratings are now live.

iTrader is a plugin for vBulletin that allows members to leave eBay-style feedback on business transactions.

We hope it encourages to members to act professionally and acknowledge those who are good to do business with.

You can now leave feedback by viewing a member's public profile (click on their username) > View Complete Feedbacks > Submit Feedback.

Cheers,
    Chris

19. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Great stuff, Chris.

20. eBranding.com.au

eBranding.com.au Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    The site looks great, nice work Chris and atom.