1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy New Year and DN Trade Improvements

Discussion in 'DNTrade Updates & News' started by chris, Dec 31, 2012.

1. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    To start 2013 off with a bang, we're making some improvements to DN Trade that we hope you'll like.

We'll be incrementally rolling out new features over the next week or so, however, here's a summary of what's around the corner.

• SSL - Since many people use DN Trade for business purposes, from now on all traffic to http://www.dntrade.com.au will be forced to use https://www.dntrade.com.au. We'll be monitoring performance, however, our initial tests have shown that there should not be any noticeable difference.

• New Theme - The new theme will resize a little better than the current version of the site. We've also made a few layout and style changes that will freshen the site to give it a better look and feel.

• Mobile Theme - In addition to supporting the cross platform mobile app Tapatalk we will be installing a minimal mobile theme. It will be handy for those who check DN Trade on the go but who aren't fans of Tapatalk. This will be a separate theme that can be toggled on or off by a footer link.

• Weekly Email - We are finalising a weekly summary email which will include hot topics and highlights. Members will have the choice to opt-in to get this from a new setting that will be in the User Control Panel.

• Display auDA Membership - auDA members will have the ability to display their membership status if they wish via the User Control Panel. Thanks to DavidL for this suggestion.

• iTrader Ratings - All members will have an iTrader tab where they can leave each other feedback. If you're familiar with the DNForum system, it's the same thing. We'll look at posting more information about this in the next week or so.

• New Resources - This is a work-in-progress. The goal is to provide members with useful resources and links to some handy tools. Due to popular demand, we'll also have a section dedicated just to the Newbies to help them find their feet.

Given the number of changes we will be making, there are bound to be a few teething issues. Please get in touch with me if you come across any bugs, have any questions or would like to give feedback.

Thanks to everyone for your continued support of DN Trade and a special thanks goes out to atom for his help with the improvements.

Happy New Year everyone and here's to a great 2013!

Cheers,
    Chris

2. Blue Wren

Blue Wren Membership: VIP

Great stuff Chris. Sounds like some nice changes coming.

3. aus11

aus11 Membership: VIP

Thanks for all the hard work Chris. Looking forward to seeing the constant improvements to DNTrade in 2013!

4. theseoconsultant

theseoconsultant Membership: VIP

Happy New Year DNTrade; and looking forward to seeing some of these updates roll-out Chris.

5. atom

atom Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Happy New Year all! Hope 2013 is going to be a good one.

6. Drop.com.au

Drop.com.au Membership: VIP

Looking forward to the updates.

A happy and prosperous New Year to all members of DnTrade

Andrew

7. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

HNY ..... to all

that new logo is freaking me out man

8. Joel

Joel Membership: Community

I'm getting an error after logging in now. Something about invalid redirect url being http://www.dntrade.com.au

Happy new year all!

9. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hi Joel, thanks for letting me know. Can you please try flushing your web browser and DNS cache and try again.

Let me know how you go.

More info for anyone that needs it can be found here:

Browser
    http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

DNS
    Windows: ipconfig /flushdns
    OS X: dscacheutil -flushcache

Cheers,
    Chris

10. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    It's supposed to be fireworks to symbolise the New Year but could be confused as flowers... ;)

11. Joel

Joel Membership: Community

I'm on my iPhone. I haven't checked on laptop yet.

Cheers,
    Joel

12. Cooper Mills DomainLawyer

Cooper Mills DomainLawyer Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Well done Chris, great to see you are continuing to improve DNTrade! Keep up the good work

13. Blue Wren

Blue Wren Membership: VIP

Can we get a new banner? Big tits when logging in while out and about is embarrassing.

14. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Yup, that's changing too.

15. goldnugget

goldnugget Membership: Community

Same with me...cleared full cache browsers and temps (w/CCleaner) but still getting the same error message. Clicking on the logo (Top LH Corner) refreshes the page and shows me logged in and access to the rest of the forum is okay.

The message I get is this: Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.dntrade.com.au/)

16. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks for letting me know Jay, can you try logging off and trying again please.

If you get the same error, do you have access to another browser on the same machine to see if that works?

17. goldnugget

goldnugget Membership: Community

Sorry for the late reply...just logged in and no error message from my regular browser so looks like all is good.

Jay

18. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    No worries at all, thanks for your help!

Cheers,
    Chris

19. petermeadit

petermeadit Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hey Chris,

Thanks for all the work here on this forum. All the changes look great. Sure is a great place for exchange of ideas.

Happy New Year,

Peter Mead

20. theseoconsultant

theseoconsultant Membership: VIP

I'm getting the same error too.

Flushed cache & DNS - logged out and back in, still happening.