1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Good news; bad news

Discussion in 'Resources & Success Stories' started by neddy, Jun 20, 2014.

1. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    A month is a long time in the online world.

Good news story May 20:

"Stay-at-home-mum website attracts funds and eye balls"

http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/busine...racts-funds-and-eye-balls-20140519-zrgpl.html

----------------------------------------------------------

Bad news story June 19:

"Stay At Home Mum blogger walks out into eye of social media storm"

http://www.theage.com.au/it-pro/bus...eye-of-social-media-storm-20140619-zsf8t.html

2. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I am interested to see how all this pans out. There has been plenty of further mention of this - even on A Current Affair.

In a follow up article in The Gympie Times; in relation to her alleged cybersquatting, Mrs Allen says:

But in the next breath she says:

(Bolding is mine).

As they say in the classics, 'There's no such thing as bad publicity'. Since this furore, her site visits have apparently gone through the roof. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

3. James

James Membership: VIP

Yeah it is kind of like this article in the news the other week. The firm in who is mentioned in the article is one of the worst for spam driven SEO work on a huge scale. One search for them on Google will show you a Whirlpool thread with 1000s of ripped off customers.

Code:
    http://www.smh.com.au/small-business/entrepreneur/whats-the-nasty-new-internet-trend-20140521-38n6u.html

4. James

James Membership: VIP

5. nina

nina Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I read that Gympie article - someone commented that it's 'illegal to redirect' I've never heard that. I redirect alot of sites

Does anyone here have any legal knowledge about redirection or is the calico goose who commented on the article leading us into a wild goose chase?

6. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

Anyone willing to comment?

7. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

If it were true it'd be in google