What's new

GoldBullion.com.au

James

Top Contributor
the .net sold in 2009 for $4,900 range,

I can't see the .com.au doing more then 5k to be honest, probably around $1,000-$2,000, but with some buyers its hard to tell if you get a few end users in the mix could be any thing.

findtim

Top Contributor
end users yes, i had to do some research on silver prices earlier this year and the companies involved in this trade are aggressive sellers/marketers so i would say $5k +

its a drop in the ocean to them.

tim

James

Top Contributor
Yeah I think end users are already bidding LOL, as the price is up early, domainers only bid in the last 10 seconds ;)

payattention

Archived Member
Ignoring the obvious (gold being worth more than silver), it makes for an interesting comparison. If it's end users bidding early on the gold version, I wonder where they were when the silver one dropped (and hasn't been purchased since). I don't know much about metals but I'd guess silver sales have lower volume, less demand and perhaps lower margin?

[silver bullion] - 720 searches, $1.92 CPC, $350 on Drop.
[gold bullion] - 1300 searches, $3.01 CPC, $?

DavidL

Top Contributor
Ignoring the obvious (gold being worth more than silver), it makes for an interesting comparison. If it's end users bidding early on the gold version, I wonder where they were when the silver one dropped (and hasn't been purchased since). I don't know much about metals but I'd guess silver sales have lower volume, less demand and perhaps lower margin?

nice when you can make comparisons like this. One thing you could say is:

$350 for silver bullion 2 years ago. According to http://www.netfleet.com.au/domain-sales-graphs, values have increased by 150% in last two years suggesting today's price would be $875

Then if you take the valuation against metrics strictly, there's approximately double the search volume and double the CPC. So maybe you can double the $875 twice to get an estimate. Therefore $3,500! That's my scientific estimate :)

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor

Expanding on Jonathan's post, more data including drop dates...

silverbullion.com.au 2010-06-29 - $350
bullion.com.au 2010-11-7 - $1590

[gold bullion] - Local exact searches 1300, Bid price 3.01
[silver bullion] - Local exact searches 720, Bid price 1.92
[bullion] - Local exact searches 1000, Bid price 1.31

Based on the Bullion.com.au drop price and google metrics, SilverBullion.com.au was a steal at $350, and a possible value for GoldBullion.com.au would be $4750...

So many other variables in play as well though - number of buyers, budget etc

Andrew

snoopy

Top Contributor
[gold bullion] - Local exact searches 1300, Bid price 3.01
[silver bullion] - Local exact searches 720, Bid price 1.92
[bullion] - Local exact searches 1000, Bid price 1.31

Based on the Bullion.com.au drop price and google metrics, SilverBullion.com.au was a steal at $350, and a possible value for GoldBullion.com.au would be $4750...

So many other variables in play as well though - number of buyers, budget etc

Andrew

I think bullion.com.au would have brand appeal as well as keyword appeal, all the companies who incorporate "bullion" in their name.

Silverbullion.com.au sounds on the low side but it is a long way of the quality of goldbullion.com, a long long way.

Search for "silver bullion", I couldn't find a single site using the term in their names, lots of the results were for companies using "goldbullion" (keep in mind this is on a search for silver bullion). So who is the enduser for silverbullion.com.au, is there one? I don't think anyone is going to rebrand to that, it would be like a domain registrar only offering .net.au, it is too limited. So it is perhaps just a keyword play but that is probably the domain of small webmasters/domainers, or endusers who are just going to redirect the name.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Very close Chris :)

Netfleet $4445 and Drop $3779
Yeah when I saw the name I just thought the metrics for me had it valued around $2000 - $3000 mark, and I thought it had a real chance for getting $5000+ just because it's one of those domain where if you only had this domain in your portfolio you could build an entire business around it.

So it was always going to go for a premium above what it's metrics reflected.

Frankly at $4445 I think it's a BARGAIN for an enduser.

And being someone who owns gold bullion myself I know it's a market that is crying out for some more scale and efficiency and I think with a domain like this you could really enter the market and build a presence quickly.

:cool:

snoopy

Top Contributor
And being someone who owns gold bullion myself I know it's a market that is crying out for some more scale and efficiency and I think with a domain like this you could really enter the market and build a presence quickly.

I think there is pretty big barriers to entry myself for that market. Anyone entering would need to be buying off the perth mint and similar sized companies I suspect but they will also be competing with those companies as well.

neddy

Top Contributor
......... I thought it had a real chance for getting $5000+ just because it's one of those domain where if you only had this domain in your portfolio you could build an entire business around it.

So it was always going to go for a premium above what it's metrics reflected.

Frankly at $4445 I think it's a BARGAIN for an enduser.

Thanks Chris - good constructive assessment. I would have liked to pick this up for a lot less; but at the end of the day with 11 bidders, I was happy to get it under $5k. Even more so given
that I also have silverbullion.com.au. Having the pair helps even more imho.

I think there is pretty big barriers to entry myself for that market. Anyone entering would need to be buying off the perth mint and similar sized companies I suspect but they will also be competing with those companies as well.

You know Snoopy, it was your posts in this thread that brought me out of a temporary self-imposed posting retirement. ;)

We all know you hate .au domains and think that they have little value. I'm not going to list the litany of things you have said about them over time, but I think everyone here gets your drift.

But the thing is, some of us do bloody well with .au domains. I'm one of those people (and I know quite a few others). Just as you have had successes with your .com's, we have our successes locally.

And I'm not talking out of my arse - I have the runs on the board.

I truly respect your knowledge of .com and your status and background, but your doom and gloom pronouncements about .au (almost every time someone makes a post) are just becoming so predictable.

Sometimes I shudder to think how many would be posters here shy away from saying anything out of fear of one of your classic posts. That in itself is a shame.

Imho.

-----------------

With regards silverbullion.com.au, I can tell you that I've received a number of offers for this over the past two years. The last one was $2000 (inclusive of GST) from a very reputable buyer, but I declined.
I believe it is worth more than that to an enduser. By the way, if you want to call me on that, I'm happy to send you a screen shot.

I also believe it is worth even more to me as a "keeper". Someone expressed an interest in it this morning, and I said exactly that. All I have to do is get off my bum and get it developed!

If you think so negatively about silver bullion and silver generally, have a look at SilverStackers - this is a very popular Aussie run forum with good local and overseas membership. A lot of trades go on. (I posted
the link because it is no competition to DNT). The owner / administrator is a Melbourne based bullion dealer - and he makes good "coin" from monetising the forum.

Incidentally, they have a "Panda" section, but this is nothing to do with Google!

As far as competing with Perth Mint is concerned, I'm not sure if you are aware that Perth Mint have a generous affiliate program that many people use?

I am about to join - I have extra incentive now. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Welcome to the program of The Perth Mint Australia and thank you for your interest in becoming an affiliate.

What can you expect from The Perth Mint Affiliate Program?

- A generous commission of 10% per sale

- 90 Days Cookies

- A comprehensive assortment of banners and graphics, including campaign banners, promoting the latest product releases and/or popular themes (Christmas, Mothers Day, etc.)

- High average sales (average order value over $330)

- An experienced and friendly Affiliate Coordinator, available via phone, fax and email.

Signing up to the program is easy and we are looking forward to your participation.

Your Affiliate Team
Perth Mint

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members