What's new

Free logo design

johno69

Top Contributor
putting the phone number top right of the website

One would think this is so they can "click to call". Therefore it really needs to be text to do that, or a tel: link.

Having it as an image like you do there Tim, the user would still have to either write it down, or memorise it (albeit momentarily), then bring up their numpad, which usually closes the browser so you can't see the image.

In your case. it would be just as easy to place the number as text in a div up there, you don't have it any fancy text to require it be an image.

Might want to go the extra mile and encode the html for it too.

These days most mobiles have click to call with numbers as text in their browser.

findtim

Top Contributor
johno60: true, it should be text, whats stopped me is "fonts" but i have recently found that CSS3 will allow you to use ALMOST any font you like as text

the issue previously was that the user/viewer had to have that font installed on their computer otherwise the visual would default to say Arial or Century Gothic, even worse times roman !

now you can upload the font to the server and the viewer doesn't have to have the font inside their computer

maybe this has been around for years but i just found out about it.

heres the code i used to achieve it but i haven't retro-fitted past sites

@font-face {
font-family: 'TitilliumText22LRegular';
src: url('fonts/TitilliumText22L003-webfont.eot');
src: url('fonts/TitilliumText22L003-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
url('fonts/TitilliumText22L003-webfont.woff') format('woff'),
url('fonts/TitilliumText22L003-webfont.ttf') format('truetype'),
url('fonts/TitilliumText22L003-webfont.svg#TitilliumText22LRegular') format('svg');
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;

}

findtim

Top Contributor
nice, orange/red is hard to work with online and i rarely see it work well.

had a client phone today and i mentioned i like this site as an example of a donation system, i've never seen REDDDDDD used so well before, it has NOTHING to do with the site topic ( political)

ausparty dot ORG au

there is just soooooo much red at the top !

tim

Ash

Top Contributor
Not a problem James :)

Apart from the text, nothing really says loan to me.

I've had similar feedback from a few people Johno so I've added a $ symbol to make the coin look more like a coin and better represent the concept of a loan (hopefully).

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks for the feedback Tim. I knew there was the risk of a 'b', but I have mirrored the design element of the 'hand' in the 'L' and 'C' in the words Loan Comparison to counteract.

I prefer it without the $ symbol. To my mind it is a symbolic representation not a literal translation of the words.

Cheers.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
It's one of those ones that you don't always get at first glance but the depth of thought that has gone into it definitely gives greater credibility to the page it's on.

There are a lot of minor things I don't like but the L and C into the hand examining the gold coin is quite brilliant.

I'd be stoked if that was a logo I'd come up with.

findtim

Top Contributor
logos are VITAL, they have to match in with the business model, i'm redoing a website for a company and their logo SUCKKKSSS , they want " this feel" but their logo just stops any creative process in me as its so prominant.

i've asked if i could change a few little things and got hit witha very hard NO.

the person who designed the logo is the CEO !!!!! CEO's should do CEO stuff not design.

tim

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Not my work, but a recent one I admire the designer for.

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks for the nice words about the loan comparison logo BaconFarmer.
Glad you like the logo Domain Lover.
Are you sure it wasn't the CEO's nephew Tim? :)
A very clever logo Blue Wren - I have seen that one and a few other really cool ones on a few best logo type posts... By the way, I've just finished a couple of ideas for your domain farming logo. Hope you like them.

Cheers.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Thanks for the nice words about the loan comparison logo BaconFarmer.
Glad you like the logo Domain Lover.
Are you sure it wasn't the CEO's nephew Tim? :)
A very clever logo Blue Wren - I have seen that one and a few other really cool ones on a few best logo type posts... By the way, I've just finished a couple of ideas for your domain farming logo. Hope you like them.

Cheers.

Nice work Ash. I like your work. I may be contacting you soon for some paid work.

Thank you

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member