What's new

Free logo design

Ash

Top Contributor
When (and while) I feel like it :)

If you're interested just reply with business name and industry and I'll design something for you (as per http://luckydipdesign.com).

I will also link to your website so there's a bonus.

Ash

Top Contributor
No catch.

It's just a case of first impressions last, i.e. I'll design the logo based on my interpretation of the business name and industry provided (and whatever else you want to mention such as colour preferences etc...) and whatever I come up with is what you get - hence my little slogan, 'like it or not'.

Just think of how a traditional lucky dip works, whatever comes out of the barrel is what you get.

Just because I feel like doing them at the moment - have done a couple of illustrations lately and feel like switching up.

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks Johno69, I did change it for the person but posted a larger version on imgur for them instead of my site.

You're right, probably should enable comments.

Here's one I just did for Life Insurance Cover.

Ash

Top Contributor
What's the general consensus people, do you prefer full width logos or square logos?

Let me know so when I design them I know how much space I can use.

johno69

Top Contributor
We usually create our logo's with 2 elements so they are versatile and can be horizontal or vertical. Clients always find strange places to put their logo so you need to be able to accommodate lots of scenarios.

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks Johno69, I usually follow the 'square test' principle to make sure the logo is scalable for most mediums but notice a few sites fill their header with a full width logo. Good point about designing both.

johno69

Top Contributor
Good point about designing both.

we don't really design 2 different ones. just make it a little versatile.

Anyway, it depends on the clients specific requirements. If it's just for a website header logo of a minisite then there's no need to design for print really.

Attachments

• poker-talkb.jpg
    poker-talkb.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 7
  • poker-talk.jpg
    poker-talk.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
i'm a horizontal guy myself LOL, as i work mostly only online i do not like to use up to much "realestate" at the top of the page.

when someone comes to me with a big fat square unchangeable logo i chringe.

you either have to use more top space or make the logo tiny, i think its important to get the web user involved in the website quickly and not have to scroll to do that.

tim

Ash

Top Contributor
i'm a horizontal guy myself LOL, as i work mostly only online i do not like to use up to much "realestate" at the top of the page.

when someone comes to me with a big fat square unchangeable logo i chringe.

you either have to use more top space or make the logo tiny, i think its important to get the web user involved in the website quickly and not have to scroll to do that.

tim

I agree Tim, but I think the horizontal logos that run the full width suffer the same fate. They use up valuable space (the top right of the page) that could be put to better use, i.e. social media links, banner advertising etc...

johno69 is on to it - use an icon that can be placed to the left of the word mark or centred above it.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member