1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

First exclusive .au domain name live auction

Discussion in 'Networking Events' started by demandclass, Dec 4, 2011.

1. soj

soj Founder

I've suggested to James that he respond to this thread / post and let people know what's going on.

Without disclosing state secrets, it is my understanding that this auction won't be happening anymore. James is working on some ventures in the USA, and these are taking priority.

2. demandclass

demandclass Membership: Community

Yes Designer the auction now is on hold. I am in the US as Ned said and these ventures along with a personal matter were priority over the auction. Thanks.

3. Tim_M

Tim_M Membership: Community

I am sorry I missed this auction as I am new to domaining but I hope you can let us know when your next one will be!

4. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    You didn't.

5. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

I'd ask the question, given that "live" auctions overseas have proven a failure with ever shrinking sales why do we need one here? The whole concept of selling internet assets via an in person auction seems backwards to me.

6. Honan

Honan Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    ok, you have talked me out of going ahead with a networking function/conference/live auction that I was planning.
    I will cancel it on Monday

7. Lucas

Lucas Membership: Trader

I agree, seems strange to sell internet assets via a medium that is not the internet...