What's new

February Drops for Newbies

Christopher

Top Contributor
I know there is a spot on the forum for Drops that sell over $1000,
but I'm not 100% sure what is a good drop to grab.

So in the interest of learning.

I am wanting to have this thread that I and other Newbies can post too.
Not necessarily to buy the domains, but to learn if we are on track for a good pick.

So to start off I saw these on the drops today, would they be any good. Providing they also matched my niche etc.

lemoncake.com.au
teacake.com.au
chickpeas.com.au
legalchoices.com.au
qup.com.au
coffeespot.com.au
hnz.com.au
ykb.com.au
ukf.com.au
ocj.com.au
jny.com.au
ybw.com.au
qvf.com.au
qxl.com.au
hangman.com.au
awc.com.au
aus.net.au

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
I know there is a spot on the forum for Drops that sell over $1000,
but I'm not 100% sure what is a good drop to grab.

So in the interest of learning.

I am wanting to have this thread that I and other Newbies can post too.
Not necessarily to buy the domains, but to learn if we are on track for a good pick.

So to start off I saw these on the drops today, would they be any good. Providing they also matched my niche etc.

lemoncake.com.au
teacake.com.au
chickpeas.com.au
legalchoices.com.au
qup.com.au
coffeespot.com.au
hnz.com.au
ykb.com.au
ukf.com.au
ocj.com.au
jny.com.au
ybw.com.au
qvf.com.au
qxl.com.au
hangman.com.au
awc.com.au
aus.net.au
awc.com.au is the only one that I would go for from that list.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Thanks for the feed back, In trying to understand why, can you explain further, or if there is another thread here that you think sums it up better link to that?
They're good letters. 'A' could be 'Australia', 'Australian', 'Association' etc. 'C' could be 'Company', 'Club' etc.

'A' at the start or end is great.

The best three letter domains are the ones that contain letters which are frequently used, because it increases the chances of a buyer knocking on your door. That's why letters like 'Z' greatly reduce the value of a three letter domain. hnz.com.au in your list being an example, although that one is possibly not as bad given it has the 'NZ' combo which could denote New Zealand.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Most of them have no clear buyer, agree on awc, haven't check the other 3 letter.

For something like teacake.com.au very unlikely anyone is going to be after that, and something like coffeespot, probably some cafes called that but they are going to have a $9 budget.

Christopher

Top Contributor
Ok I'm starting to get it, so its not necessary the good keyword, unless you want to develop it for your own use, but more would a company want to buy this as an abbreviation of their current name In the case of three and four letter domains names, or the keyword is supper brand-able and therefore potentially sought after by people with lots of money to make the purchase worthwhile.

Also thanks @snoopy for your input. Its really a budget question, will the buyer pay cover what you've invested in it.

ErezY

I certainly didn't think awc was $701 good!

If it helps in the conversation, it was purchased for Advanced Web Creations (AWC). There was already an $800 bid on DomainShield, I did not go beyond this point to $1600. So kind of happy for $701 ++ and kind of wishing it would have gone for around the $200-400 like most other decent LLL's in the last few months. I guess $701 ++ for end user is manageable.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
If it helps in the conversation, it was purchased for Advanced Web Creations (AWC). There was already an $800 bid on DomainShield, I did not go beyond this point to $1600. So kind of happy for $701 ++ and kind of wishing it would have gone for around the $200-400 like most other decent LLL's in the last few months. I guess $701 ++ for end user is manageable.
Thanks for sharing that info

Christopher

Top Contributor
Thanks thats great.

findtim

Top Contributor
its hard to beat an end user, like the carsales days on NF it was pointless bidding, you also have NF outbound calls to prospects..... i think it still happens?
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member