What's new

Escrow for AU transfers ?

neddy

Top Contributor
Just revisiting this Max - did you get sorted?

And I meant to ask, was the buyer located in Australia?

Max

Top Contributor
Just revisiting this Max - did you get sorted?

And I meant to ask, was the buyer located in Australia?

It's still an on going saga even though the escrow is sorted and paid (lawyer) .. the buyer appears to be a dual Au and Co Uk web venturer who has little to no interest or knowledge of how to transfer an Au domain so it is still in limbo and going no where .. he has paid the money but has not completed the transfer ..

Some one may be able to clear up a point up for me as i am no expert with Au transfers .. i was asked for the domain pass word .. what does that do to effect a transfer ? nothing i am told by the losing registrar it moves the name to the winning registrar but does not change the ownership nor the whois is that the facts ? if so why do they want the domain password without the transfer documents having been completed ..

Thx Ned i had sort of forgotten about this till now ..

johno69

Top Contributor
why do they want the domain password without the transfer documents having been completed ..

Because they do not know the process and assume changing it to their registrar will be enough to gain control, then in turn do with as they wish.

That's my guess.

neddy

Top Contributor
It's still an on going saga even though the escrow is sorted and paid (lawyer) .. the buyer appears to be a dual Au and Co Uk web venturer who has little to no interest or knowledge of how to transfer an Au domain so it is still in limbo and going no where .. he has paid the money but has not completed the transfer ..

Some one may be able to clear up a point up for me as i am no expert with Au transfers .. i was asked for the domain pass word .. what does that do to effect a transfer ? nothing i am told by the losing registrar it moves the name to the winning registrar but does not change the ownership nor the whois is that the facts ? if so why do they want the domain password without the transfer documents having been completed ..

Thx Ned i had sort of forgotten about this till now ..

Who wants the password Max? Lawyer or Registrar or Buyer?

Which Registrar are you using? The reason I ask is that some require AuthInfo code (password) to initiate COR - some don't. But each still have their own level of safety built in - e.g. confirmation emails with clickable links are sent to the registrant email.

Max

Top Contributor
The winning registrar crazydomains asked the buyer for the domain pass word there was nothing else requested .. i have the domain pass word .. with the pass word the registrar can be changed yes/no ? the ownership cannot ? what happens then without the fax/scan transfer documents having been signed by the new registrant ?

I have sent the transfer documents to the buyer but not recieved anything back .. so if you could enlighten me how to proceed from here i would appreciate it ..

neddy

Top Contributor
The winning registrar crazydomains asked the buyer for the domain pass word there was nothing else requested .. i have the domain pass word .. with the pass word the registrar can be changed yes/no ? the ownership cannot ? what happens then without the fax/scan transfer documents having been signed by the new registrant ?

I have sent the transfer documents to the buyer but not recieved anything back .. so if you could enlighten me how to proceed from here i would appreciate it ..

I'm not sure how CrazyDomains works. But obviously it isn't an electronic COR.

Their form doesn't seem to ask for a password? http://www.crazydomains.com.au/downloads/forms/au/Crazy-Domain-Transfer-Form.pdf

They advertise here - I will ask someone from CD to comment.

But is the lawyer not doing the process for you?

neddy

Top Contributor
They advertise here - I will ask someone from CD to comment.

Max, CrazyDomains is reluctant to post info on here for some reason. :(

My contact has just emailed this:

I don’t think someone will be able to respond directly over a forum however if you can get me their contact information I’ll have someone from support call them directly. Regards, Steve

Can you please PM me your contact info, and I'll pass it on to Steve.

Max

Top Contributor
Thx for your assistance Ned .. it looks like i have some movement now .. the name is now staying at its current registrar Aussiehq and the documents have been sent to me ..

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member