What's new

Drops today - November 2012

snoopy

Top Contributor
i do nicely thankyou, and yes every domain i have started is in the black, no need for a ferrari right now, even if i could afford it i wouldn't buy it.

lets stop this "who has the biggest wand " conversation.

i'm glad you are coming to the xmas party, would you mind posting that in that thread.

tim

Well I'd say you are likely in this category then "unless you haven't developed much".

I've met a lot of people who are domainers, and a lot of people running businesses, and the people who say they haven't lost money on projects/domains/businesses, they've never made much either or the are conveniently forgetting the losers.

Anyone who has been in it any length of time will have losers. Bill Gates has losers, Kerry Packer has losers, Rick Schwartz has losers, my next door neighbour has losers. You are leading people up the garden path with much of what you have said.

findtim

Top Contributor
Well I'd say you are likely in this category then "unless you haven't developed much".

I've met a lot of people who are domainers, and a lot of people running businesses, and the people who say they haven't lost money on projects/domains/businesses, they've never made much either or the are conveniently forgetting the losers.

Anyone who has been in it any length of time will have losers. Bill Gates has losers, Kerry Packer has losers, Rick Schwartz has losers, my next door neighbour has losers. You are leading people up the garden path with much of what you have said.

i didn't say i haven't lost money on businesses.

i've made bad decisions in the past and lost money but VERY SMALL amounts, "FLEARN cheap" , that was before i entered domaining and you might have been in this game WELL before me but i brought a wealth of my business knowledge to it when i started, i don't know everything but how many times do i have to say my websites are in the black?

its simple math and lets not forget this all started with the profitablitity of trampoline.com.au topic.

i find it funny you congratulate me on weddinginvitations and then the next week you tell me i know jack SH*T about business.

i'm puzzled ?

tim

Last edited:

goldnugget

Top Contributor
Anyone know why gameservers.com.au is PD seems a pretty generic term.

From its dot com:

XIV. TRADEMARK INFORMATION:

A. GameServers is a protected service mark and/or trademarks. The terms “GameServers.com” and “Choopa, Inc.” are considered to be our trademarks. We aggressively defend our intellectual property rights and we will aggressively pursue anyone who infringes on our trademarks.

goldnugget

Top Contributor
goldnugget can i ask how you got that info so quickly?

tim

Yeah mate, I figured it'd be a PD for a reason so just googled 'gameservers trademark' and its the top one.

I didnt check their official trademark, but would probably think they have trademarked the single word 'gameservers' .

Last edited:

DavidL

Top Contributor
remember, auDA doesn't just go and delete domains if they happen to be a TM (or contact one) in some part of the world.

They will do so if it's a misspelling of a TM or monetised(parked) using a well known branded TM.

I'd suspect more likely auDA sent a please explain that was ignored. It's very generic and defendable regardless of what some websites says.

goldnugget

Top Contributor
I would have thought that if it is a joined word trademark its considered a new single word, they could easily hold it. If one was to register the hyphen version (available) which is deemed as 2 seperate generic words it would be a diferent story and easily defendable by the domainer....could be wrong though, and have been....lots :D

DavidL

Top Contributor
I would have thought that if it is a joined word trademark its considered a new single word, they could easily hold it. If one was to register the hyphen version (available) which is deemed as 2 seperate generic words it would be a diferent story and easily defendable by the domainer....could be wrong though, and have been....lots :D

Doesn't matter.

My point is if I owned microsoft.com.au, auDA wouldn't/couldn't delete it from me unless I parked it.

Yes again, everyone's getting in a tizz about trademarks. As far as auDA are concerned they don't count for much. They care more about 'brands'. WIPO etc care more about 'infringement' than TM's

If 'dntrade' happened to be some sort of weird trademarked product in Nigeria would auDA come along and delete it?

goldnugget

Top Contributor
I dont know...I only looked at it from the trademark aspect and figured there may have been issues in relation to that.

Either way I guess depending on who is backing GS, its probably not a bad thing to be mindful of the probable TM issues depending on how you were looking at registering/using it as a single word vs seperated.

Jay

neddy

Top Contributor
Netfleet seems stuck today - Drop picked up everything.

Acheeva must be happy - he got WeddingPhotographersPerth.com.au on Drop for $390. High bid on NF was $1457.

Congrats.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Netfleet seems stuck today - Drop picked up everything.

Acheeva must be happy - he got WeddingPhotographersPerth.com.au on Drop for $390. High bid on NF was $1457.

Congrats.

Amazing differences for what is basically a two horse race

chris

Top Contributor
I know it's been said before, but you have to be on both platforms.

Very interesting to compare the results.

Well done Acheeva!

Cheers,
Chris

findtim

Top Contributor
i posted a few days ago that i had to use my ipad to get a bid on, it happened again to me yesterday.

i always bid on both its just common sense not "new knowledge"

but something is going wrong in NF and its causing me stress on domains i want.

NF, PM me and i'm happy to help with more beta testing as an industry i think its best we all have both FN and D running.

tim

neddy

Top Contributor
Drop did well again today.

NF only picked up one "drop" today (albanywa.com.au) - and there were only two aftermarket sales.

Interestingly, buydirect.com.au went for $933 on Drop, but yet didn't appear on NF's list? :confused:

But generally speaking it was a quiet day.

findtim

Top Contributor
i had that the other day but in reverse, NF had it but drop didn't, stresses me out ! as i had to look on drop 4 times just to make sure i hadn't missed it

i thought livebet would have gone for a lot more then $112 on NF, lucky person on drop

tim

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
i posted a few days ago that i had to use my ipad to get a bid on, it happened again to me yesterday.

i always bid on both its just common sense not "new knowledge"

but something is going wrong in NF and its causing me stress on domains i want.

NF, PM me and i'm happy to help with more beta testing as an industry i think its best we all have both FN and D running.

tim

i can't bid on netfleet? it won't take my bids and i have tried the top 4 browsers and 4 different computers but my ipad works.

i'm NOT blaming NF, just interested if anyone else is having issues on PC so i can chose what i have to do to correct this, drop takes my bids so thats why i'm frustrated.

and i know some of you are saying :D yippee, but if i'm the only one then its obviously my system not NF, just seems weird as i haven't changed anything , i did get that tesltra virus but only on 1 of the computers not the others.

please let me know if you have problems, if not lets not clog up the thread.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Sure it wasn't an AMA listing then? Bit hard to distinguish these days.

but i can do it on ipad?
i've sent a support ticket to NF, i am TOTALLY confused as to why, maybe its a "button" or a "tick box" ?

once again, i'm sure its a simple solution and no blame on NF

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
i just "blew the dust off my 2006? xp laptop with an old firefox" and was able to place a bid.

NOW, i am definately confused.

i think this proves there is nothing wrong with NF, i've just now got to find out whats happing in my computers

when i find the solution i will create a different thread, sorry for clogging this one.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member