What's new

Drops today - 2011

DavidL

Top Contributor
Bah,

I lost learntodance.com.au by 9 seconds......guy before me has the same bid as me but 9 seconds earlier!

I reckon thats bad system design, the auction should be extending if two people have the same bid.

If, after seeing you lost it, you thought 'Bugger, I would have paid more', then there's no real excuse. It's proxy bidding so you should place a bid for the absolute max you would be prepared to pay. Not one dollar more nor one dollar less then leave it to the hands of the gods.

Extending would be out of the equation though as the domains are dropped from the register only a few minutes after the auctions close.

Not if the standard auction ended a little earlier like Drop?

nina

Top Contributor
I am not sure if it's just me, but Drop today has not gone past the letter P.

Did anyone else experience this?

Nina

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Apologies to everyone. We'll investigate as to why this happened and take measures to prevent it happening again.

Andrew

neddy

Top Contributor
Cheap-Travel-Insurance.com.au

Wow! Check out the bids on Cheap-Travel-Insurance.com.au

Already at $2001 on NF.

Somebody loves hyphens.

James

Top Contributor
Cheap-Travel-Insurance.com.au (4,800) imo not worth it...

1 hyphens may be ok in some cases, but the double hyphens are risky...

neddy

Top Contributor
If it is the same bidder, they will be hoping like hell that Drop wins it!

Closing price $252.

Current Netfleet bid $4801

:eek:

James

Top Contributor
Ridiculously overpriced already. Almost nil brandability or EMD benefits with a double hyphen.

Yeah I would not advise on the double hyphen from my experience. Also from a branding point of view.

But oh well i guess the buyer has plans for it?

DavidL

Top Contributor
1 hyphens may be ok in some cases, but the double hyphens are risky...

Double hyphen is no worse than single surely? In fact I'd prefer the double hyphen than the awkward cheap-travelinsurance.com.au or cheaptravel-insurance.com.au

Ridiculously overpriced already. Almost nil brandability or EMD benefits with a double hyphen.

well it was bought for development and seo clearly. Don't see why youbthink the hyphens negate the seo benefit of such a domain? I dont there's been any evidence to suggest this. In fact if you look in Germany and uk where hyphens are much more accepted the SERPS are full of hyphenated domains

Saying all that it is Huge money for a hyphen domain that's for sure.

neddy

Top Contributor
Some big differences on the drops today!

Congrats to Drop who snared my old favourite Dojo.com.au. Oz will be very happy to have picked it up for just $894 (instead of $1501 on Netfleet). :)

naturallyfresh.com.au went for $354 on NF - yet was only bid up to $39 on Drop. Strange.

Shane

Top Contributor
I wanted a bunch of the geos that went through today, but I went out xmas shopping and forgot all about the auctions!

It's amazing how a suburb name like graceville.com.au can go through for $10, yet I've made plenty of high $xxx offers on Netfleet for similar (and worse) Brisbane suburb geos that keep getting knocked back. Very frustrating!

neddy

Top Contributor
I wanted a bunch of the geos that went through today, but I went out xmas shopping and forgot all about the auctions!

It's amazing how a suburb name like graceville.com.au can go through for $10, yet I've made plenty of high $xxx offers on Netfleet for similar (and worse) Brisbane suburb geos that keep getting knocked back. Very frustrating!

The answer to your predicament is that you should shop online Shane. That way you kill two birds with one stone (and you don't miss the auctions). ;)

On a serious note, I totally understand where you are coming from with regards values.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member