What's new

Drops today - 2011

neddy

Top Contributor
One big ticket domain today - certification.com.au

Lots of competition - winning bid of $1556 by DNT member. Congrats! Well done to Netfleet who picked up just about everything.

Pardon my ignorance, but how come this is worth so much? :)

James

Top Contributor
* Building certification
* Microsoft certification
* IT certification
* Google certification

The list goes on...I think it is priced on the high end but oh well....

Oz.

Top Contributor
I was the underbidder I believe, but got another instead for a good price (i think), so not too sad about it.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Reminds me of authentication.com.au which we bought ages ago at the TRAFFIC conference in 2008 although certification.com.au is better as its better suited to commercial use

snoopy

Top Contributor
Pardon my ignorance, but how come this is worth so much? :)

Don't follow this either.

If there is a potential range of uses then I'd think that is going to make it hard going developing the name (no one clear area to latch onto).

Only a couple of advertisers on the term in Google.

neddy

Top Contributor
Hats off to Netfleet today.

They got all the biggies - and every single domain on their list.

Congrats to all the buyers (except those that outbid me :mad:).

nina

Top Contributor
Yes it was a good day for Netfleet today, but I saw the current domains on drop just before and I think some swimming pool company has just let a huge amount of domains drop. So if you're into anything swimming pool related, then today is your day.. come on down. No diving in the bidding end without checking if it's trending enough. :)

neddy

Top Contributor
Fairly quiet day on the drops today.

However I was surprised to see ChineseMassage.com.au go as high as it did. Not much search - and very little advertising. Am I missing something here?

It was $502 on Drop; and $838 on Netfleet. Won by Netfleet.

neddy

Top Contributor
I just noticed one other drop worthy of mention for some lucky bugger!

Netfleet cleaned up as usual, however they did miss out on one.

thesstudio.com.au - bid on Netfleet was $102; however Drop picked it up for just $1.

zeebs

I just noticed one other drop worthy of mention for some lucky bugger!

Netfleet cleaned up as usual, however they did miss out on one.

thesstudio.com.au - bid on Netfleet was $102; however Drop picked it up for just $1.

Yeah... unfortunately the same didn't happen for solarsystem.net.au that I won the bid on. I was hoping drop would fetch me a cheaper price - but in fact, led the bid war most of the way (until the end, when obviously someone else was bidding automatically like me, at the last second)... so both ended up $1 out from each other.

neddy

Top Contributor
Congrats to Drop.com.au for successfully grabbing the top two names today. Perhaps there is life in the old dog yet? ;)

TicketSales.com.au - $1255

BoatingCampingFishing.com.au - $526 (though I bet the winner was hoping Netfleet would grab it at just $58!).

Netfleet still had a great day securing most of the others.

P.S. You've got to bid on both platforms!

neddy

Top Contributor
What an interesting day on the drops.

Netfleet scored the big win today (bermagui.com.au) - $897 on both platforms. Congrats.

Drop are definitely getting back into the game this last week with some good pick ups. :)

Today the bigger ones they picked up included:

Anxiety.net.au for $258 (was $556 on NF). Buyer will be happy!

NutritionCourses.com.au for $153 (was $190 on NF).

But the big surprise was BlogHosting.com.au - won by NF for $377 with 3 active bidders.
Yet there was not one bid on Drop! Could have been an opportunity lost there! ;)

neddy

Top Contributor
Netfleet ruled the roost today. And this time they saved a couple of people big bucks! :)

Currumbin.com.au had 5 bidders on Drop and it closed at $509. But on NF, there were 9 bidders, and yet it was snapped for just $253.

And then there was AustralianMuscleCars.com.au. 4 bidders on Drop and it closed at $409. But on NF, there were 6 bidders, and yet it only went for $168.

I can't figure / equate the difference in bidder numbers compared to end price. You'd think both these names would have perhaps gone for more on NF?

But I'm sure both buyers aren't complaining!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo