What's new

Dropped cold on Netfleet

neddy

Top Contributor
The difference is, on eBay you've listed the item less than 7 days ago AND paid good money to do so.

Therefore sellers are more motivated and have no excuse for circumstances changing.

Except if you have a store and have 30 day listings. ;)

I do understand what you and Mark are saying, but nobody seems to be addressing the point that I'm upset about!

i.e. the disparity in the statements.
The second statement I can live with if it happens very rarely. But I can't accept this first statement - nor should any buyer.

"Sorry, I didn't really want to sell it...no deal".

So which statement is correct?

domainlover

Top Contributor
I would be interested to know who this is, as this same excuse was used on me previously and then the seller offered the name to me for $250 more than the buy now price.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
What if a listing had a 12 month shelf life?

After 12 months you get an email notification saying the listing has ended "Relist here".

Then at least it will filter out domains that have been sold, are no longer for sale for other reasons.

This seems like a good idea, particularly if it's coupled with more stringent registrant screening (which I think Anthony said was in the pipeline at one stage).

Just out of curiosity, there are domains listed on Netfleet that I've purchased directly but haven't been removed by the seller. What's the normal protocol here?

Mark

Top Contributor
This seems like a good idea, particularly if it's coupled with more stringent registrant screening (which I think Anthony said was in the pipeline at one stage).

Yes it is a good idea. We will shortly be validating every account with every domain, and any unconfirmed domains will be deleted. We will be using the registrant information from the registry so we can guarantee ownership. Any changes in registrant information will also trigger a removal from Netfleet.

Just out of curiosity, there are domains listed on Netfleet that I've purchased directly but haven't been removed by the seller. What's the normal protocol here?

Pls ping us an email with details and we will remove for you

Chris.C

Top Contributor
So now I have no right of reply other than, "Oh well... these things happen".

I must remember that one - "an employee added this to domain to Net Fleet by accident without authorisation... oops, sorry".

I must remember that for future reference.
Definitely sucks.

This seller just took a dump on the "integrity of this domain name marketplace". Surely some sort of punitive action is required fellas, to prevent more of this crap happening.
Having looked at the situation, and taking in to account that the seller is a contributing member of this forum, been a client of Netfleet for more than 2 years, has both bought and sold domains, and we have never had any issues reported, I feel in this instance I have to give them the benefit of doubt and accept their apologies.

We do and always will ban clients who compromise the integrity of the platform - in this instance, IMHO I think the seller made an innocent mistake.
Even if action isn't taken against this individual in pursuit of the domain the buyer should have the right to notify the rest of the community of this sellers lack of integrity via some ebay style sellers rep mechanism.

At least that way the seller has the decision to either sell the domain and keep his reputation and change his business operations so mistakes don't happen again or he can tell the buyer to jam it and he can lose his reputation as a result.

I think it would also help to know when you are offering to buy a domain if that domain owner is someone who is actively buying and selling domains or is they are the register and hope the BIG pay day that is never coming type of domain owner (I hate wasting my time with the later).

Not to mention that it would also be nice to see that a buyer actually has a history of parting with money to buy a domain (I hate wasting time with people that don't understand domains and also don't want to part with their money when it comes to business time).

But what has got me riled up is the initial comment that K77 received.

"Sorry, I didn't really want to sell it...no deal".

That doesn't sound like a mistake to me.
Yeah that sounds dodgy...

This actually happened to me the other day!

:eek:

I have previously sold some domains via the NF AMA which were completed a couple of months ago. Anyway I got an offer on one of them (for about twice what I sold it for - of course... :p) but then I realised "oh shit NF doesn't even automatically remove listings it sells via it's AMA" worst thing was that I also had a target price on the domain as well that the buyer wasn't a HUGE amount away from luckily I was able to remove the listing along with the other domains I have sold via the NF AMA.

So NF you might want to do a quick check of all the domains sold via your AMA to make sure they are not still listed (at least not listed by the original seller).

What if a listing had a 12 month shelf life? After 12 months you get an email notification saying the listing has ended "Relist here".
Good idea, though I'd think even a shorter time frame could be appropriate - maybe every 6 or even every 3 months owners should have to reconfirm.

I think this would also help buyers to know that all the domains on the site are ACTIVELY being sold. I know in the past I have placed bids that just expire - and part of me wonders if the owner even got the email...

:cool:

Kaiser77

Hi David,
My comments are more about the dismissive attitude which is disinterested and cold. It has no element whatsoever of reparation or mediation, rather, it's my problem now as he has washed his hands of the matter altogether whilst blaming a naughty staff member for mischieviously listing the domain on his business' behalf.

Back to the issue at hand...

I accepted an offer only to discover that it wasn't real. Interestingly, had I bid $100k for it and he accepted my bid, is it ok for me to turn around and say "sorry about that, I've changed my mind...".

I could then dream up a story about how it was someone else's fault and case closed.

Still p!ssed off and without the domain.

K77.

neddy

Top Contributor
K77, what has happened isn't right, and it is in breach of Netfleet's stated marketplace rules. The $100k analogy you give is a good one.

But it is a fact that at the moment there are listings on NF that haven't been tended to in ages by their owners. And problems can and do occur on these. NF realise this is a problem, which is why they are taking steps to get the whole system sorted out. This can only be good news.

I went in to bat for you on the basis of your initial post i.e. the statement you allege was made: "Sorry, I didn't really want to sell it...no deal". If those words were said, then you deserve to be backed up by everyone including NF.

However, the onus is on you to substantiate that comment though - I'm sure you can appreciate that. Otherwise NF quite rightly have to make a decision on the facts before them (reputation of parties, how old the listing was, could it have been an oversight or error etc).

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
logged on to netfleet, search in bargain basement, top of the list BusinessSmall.com.au : target price $200 ........latest offer $210 ??

Ash

Top Contributor
...sorry, I meant to renew that domain but the staff member who was responsible for renewing it completely forgot! Can I have it back?...

Maybe not exactly comparing apples with apples, but we usually learn from our mistakes based on the consequences.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I accepted an offer only to discover that it wasn't real. Interestingly, had I bid $100k for it and he accepted my bid, is it ok for me to turn around and say "sorry about that, I've changed my mind...".

I could then dream up a story about how it was someone else's fault and case closed.

No one is suggesting it's OK - it isn't but is probably a product of the market rather than any deliberate shennanigans. I mean, why would someone do that - what's their motivation to do that?

Look I can't speak for NF as i don't work there anymore but I know they will have tried their best to try and find a solution just like they did last time but if you still aren't satisfied I'm sure they will give you a full refund.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member